• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Back firing

It used to happen every now and then but now its doing it quite a bit.

Whenever I let my foot off the accelerator quite a bit, it back fires and popples.

Could this be my timing out or something? :?

Is it anything to worry about?

Nat - I know some motors do it as a natural thing, but if it's starting to alarm you mate, you'd be better off asking on the DC2 forum :wink:

Just in case you don't have it to hand.... www.itr-dc2.com

SpaceMonkey said:
Nat - I know some motors do it as a natural thing, but if it's starting to alarm you mate, you'd be better off asking on the DC2 forum :wink:

Just in case you don't have it to hand.... www.itr-dc2.com
already have!!! :p

Are you running a de-cat or non-standard induction?
Sounds like overfueling to me, normally just the ECU dumping too much fuel into the cylinder, it might be an air mass flow meter sensor that has died/taken a knock.

SOates82 said:
Are you running a de-cat or non-standard induction?
Sounds like overfueling to me, normally just the ECU dumping too much fuel into the cylinder, it might be an air mass flow meter sensor that has died/taken a knock.

Yup de-cat.

Both Exhaust and induction kit in HKS.

About 6 months ago my vtec controller was re set up due to something not right on it and it was idling too low. That was all rectified though.

Do I just need my ECU checked out then do you think?

SOates82 said:
:? Might be worth it. It could identify if it is a air mass flow sensor thats gone iffy.

erm what does that mean?! :oops: :?

easy to fix? a little prob?

gnat said:
SOates82 said:
:? Might be worth it. It could identify if it is a air mass flow sensor thats gone iffy.

erm what does that mean?! :oops: :?

easy to fix? a little prob?

The collar that has a couple of wires coming off it just after the cone from your induction kit is the air mass flow meter mate. If it's gone bandy then yoy may need a new one.
Not difficult to swap over I don't think Nat, Benny Boy will have it done in double quick time :wink:

Back