• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Back in an ep3 K24 Frank! I’m in love.

Hello all,

Well after a 3 year vtec sabbatical I have scratched the recurring itch by purchasing a 2004 ep3 that’s had a little bit of work done. I know the company that did the swap and it’s been mapped to a healthy 262bhp 210 torques. I’ve had a standard ep3 and a mildly tuned fn2 in the past and always felt that the thing they were lacking was power. I have completely fallen in love with this mad beast, my neighbors hate me but I don’t care.

After getting home I did my usual routine of oil and filter changes, it was dropping off power on the way home but a new set of plugs seems to have cured that. Here’s the spec list.

KPro mk4 ECU producing 262.8bhp - 215ftq with dyno printout (usb in dashboard to switch maps) All mapped by Romain in eurospec2000
Stock K24a3 Block on 42k Miles
k24 bottom end k20 head ported and polished.
Head was skimmed before refit
New K20 modified oil pump
Brian Crower Stage 2 Cams
Ported and Polished K20a2 Head w. Super tech Valve Train (Guides Valves Retainers)*
Spoon 2P Head gasket
Skunk 2 Pro Series Inlet Manifold
Skunk2 74mm Throttle Body w. Thermal Heat Gaskets all round
RDX 410 CC Injectors
Tegiwa M Carbon Airbox
Kiddracing headers 4-2-1
3inch Catback build by FLP (sounds amazing)
Vibratechnics Engine Mount (Driver) and polybushed Gearbox mounts

Gearbox

Quaife LSD
Gearbox refurbished (gears are silky smooth)
Fresh Fluid change
Fresh Honda Clutch
Lightened Racing Flywheel

Suspension

Tein Super street Coil overs comes with adjustable key
Fast road setup done by Torque GTI
Yokohama Parada Spec 2 tyres
Hel braided brake lines
Brembo discs Ferodo ds2500 pads all round about 4 months old
New track rod ends
New drop links all round

The car feels brilliant and after the service it’s running like a Swiss watch. I’d be interested in any advice on any other mods people would suggest? Power wise it’s more than enough for this chassis, it’s honestly more fun than the 2009 focus RS I had for 6 months. Twice as loud too.

Attachments

• E20C376D-5CFC-4613-B82A-FE4BE6FCDD86.jpeg
    E20C376D-5CFC-4613-B82A-FE4BE6FCDD86.jpeg
    689 KB · Views: 82
  • BD02EE7B-F7C9-4A37-85FB-1A56B5B9C6A9.jpeg
    BD02EE7B-F7C9-4A37-85FB-1A56B5B9C6A9.jpeg
    910.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 3F322AE1-7AC4-4274-B9D7-855A581A1447.jpeg
    3F322AE1-7AC4-4274-B9D7-855A581A1447.jpeg
    442.4 KB · Views: 67
Last edited by a moderator:
Prada spec 2 are terrible tyres. Changing them for something half decent will be an improvement.
Depending on what you intend to use it for depends on future upgrades. For a fast road car it’s basically spot on with how it stands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The yokos are gone already! Backs were near the limit when I got it. I’ve just put Toyo proxes on as I’ve used them before and feel they return good grip with decent wear time.

Would just get some Meyle Heavy duty drop links while at it and be done. Trying to reuse the old drop links is not worth the time for 20 odd quid.

Welcome to the forum!

Car and mod list are impressive, quite a few quid thrown at this little beast. Overall in good shape too! Not sure about the rear door being black (unless that's CF?)

The yokos are gone already! Backs were near the limit when I got it. I’ve just put Toyo proxes on as I’ve used them before and feel they return good grip with decent wear time.

Was about to mention the tires too but it looks like you already sorted that. That said, I assume you went for Toyo T1Rs ? They have really soft sidewalls and very average grip, on a car with 260bhp I would advise for high end tyre, such as MPS4 or AD08R. Federal RSR is good too if price is an issue on the other 2. It will be day a night compared to the T1Rs mate.

Just my 2 cents from personal experience. :)

I did indeed go for t1r’s the fronts already had nearly new ones on already and I got a good price on the matching backs. Next set I’ll go federal if you reckon the difference is noticeable.

I’m not a fan of the black rear either, previous owner had a black mugen spoiler on it at one point I think, my buddy has a carbon one which he’s waving under my nose...

The only let down with the car is that the drivers seat looks like it’s seen a fair bit of soap bar bombers, I’ve just scrubbed it with that woolite stuff and it’s better but I want a new seat.

Dc2 recaros are the dream right? All the ones I’ve seen are 700 quid and manky. I’d settle for premier ones though. Are there any generally accepted aftermarket options?

Now discontinued in red and they have the last in stock apparently.
Nice but by the time you add rails to one seat, you could have had two immaculate premier seats and change :eek:

I did indeed go for t1r’s the fronts already had nearly new ones on already and I got a good price on the matching backs. Next set I’ll go federal if you reckon the difference is noticeable.

To be fair you'll notice a difference with most tyres. T1R's have always been crap. :lol:

I would avoid those to be fair, as they will be fakes at that price unfortunately and personally wouldn't want to put my safety at risk.

But to answer your question you would just need the sub frame for it, approx £100

Also those are coming from the US right? So customs charge on top of that price. And for that much, you can probably find a used pair of Brides/Recaros about.

Does anyone know how much seat re-upholstery costs? Tempted to buy crappy condition recaros and get them re-done if the price justifies it.

@bullys_special technically the cheapest and classiest option is FN2 Recaros but apparently it's a little bit of work to get them to fit. You can find them at a good price too, below £500 for a mint condition set.

Back