• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Back with a bang-er...

So my hunt for what I want next (I've decided BTW - but I'm still looking for a tidy example) went a bit off course and took me to Milton Keynes to avail an unmissable opportunity, because there aren't many around any more - and I've got a soft spot for old Hondas... Anyway I present my 1987 Honda Civic GT.
2012-05-06101755.jpg
2012-05-06101924.jpg
2012-05-06101905.jpg
2012-05-06102113.jpg

Key and Immobiliser LOL.. So Quirky!
2012-05-06102223.jpg

Despite being 25-years old - it is SOLID mechanically. Unbelievably SOLID. Seriously. The engine is very punchy, and very revvy. I thought this was going to be a Granny Wagon, because it isn't the DOHC Si 'Brown-Top' [which we didn't get here as it was a JDM only and USDM too (IIRC) car], but I am suprised with it - it's immense fun and returns 43MPG. I just had to have it after a test-drive. The electrics are all in order, and the body work is pretty admirable. Rust isn't a massive issue, but I can see that there is scope for it to become a problem.

Ideally I would love to be able to restore this, but having thought long and hard about it - it's not something I think I will be capable of. Even if I spent a "shed" load of money on it, some parts just aren't available, even from Honda, any longer. So I have decided against restoring it; this is one of the most solid cars I have owned - it feels unbelieveably tight, so I have decided there is only one thing for it: TO KEEP IT AND TRACK IT!!!! I will be tracking this at every single opportunity - spending money on track-time rather than mods and silly bits, minimal risk/financial loss - heaps of fun. I imagine, stripped out, this will be a real hoot round track. It handles nicely, and has lovely pick up through the gears. Stripped it was keeping my DC5 honest below and upto 50-60, before the DC5 left it (comfortably).. the gearing up to 4th, makes red-lining it good fun. It's no VTEC, it's no Type-R - but for what it is, and the money I paid, I came out of this WINNING. I have loved this since the days of the Mugen Motul Civic - sadly, I'm just a bit too late with owning it, as all the upgrades are very difficult to obtain.

Tale of the Tape:
- 2 lady owners
- FHSH (25-stamps in the manual LOL... 25 LOL)
- 75K Miles
- 11-Months MOT
- 11 Months Tax

Plans:
- Strip it
- Track it
- Service it
- Rinse. Repeat.
- Track it. Again
- OEM rear wing (If I can locate one)
- Try and lower it somehow (options look bleak due to lack of availability)

Mods:
- JDM Stickers
- Some 14" Rims, possibly Compomotives? But I'm not 100%
- Kinda thinking about sticking the OEM hub-caps back on.

Pics: Cleaned with the rims on:

2012-05-06120652.jpg
2012-05-06120233.jpg
2012-05-06120416.jpg
2012-05-06120543.jpg

Thanks, the 'Plans' and 'Tale of the tape' were meant to be hyphened/bullet-point style lists, but what you've done has sorted it out loads. Cheers :)

Cheers Chris. I'm familiar with that car before I even imagined I'd pick one of these up. What I wanted to do, was something like this:
30946380051_large.jpg
Unfortuantely parts availability is a massive problem.. even OEM stuff.

Looks cool Sun, I've seen the Motul Mugen jobbie on GranTurismo I think so recognised it. Making it similar to the grey on you've just linked is a very nice idea though :D

Good luck on sourcing bits for it :D

Back