• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Bad cluch or gearbox?

Hi all,
Im new to this but do need some help. I recently purchased my 04 EP3 CTR and i was loving it, until the clutch started slipping. Anyway I had the clutch changed and when I drove the car away it was difficult to get into 1st gear and it cruched when going into 2nd gear. The clutch was a oem part and I also had the gearbox fulid changed. The clutch pedal feels great so im guessing theres no hydraulic leak. However the bitting point is high and the car judders if I hold it on the clutch. The car used to drive fine before the clutch change, However when the car was cold it used to be a stuggle to go into 2nd, but once I drove for a few minutes and the gearbox was warm the car was fine. Could this be the gearbox or a bad clutch insulation?

Take it back to who did the clutch. Does sound like they've not done it right.

Thanks for reply.

Do you know what they could have messed up, so I have some info when I go back to them

It'll either be mis-aligned or the pressure plate hasn't been torqued up to the fly wheel properly.

Back