• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Bad Shell Station in Swansea!

Hi.

I was unsure whether to post this here or in Dealers but this will have to do. I had a really bad experience today at Swansea Bay Shell station, so its just a warning as I nearly had my car scratched all up one side. I'm so annoyed at the attitude of the Manager and staff that I have sent emails off, one to make me feel better and two to make them aware of the bad customer experience I had.

Check my email out:-

Hi.

I would like to make a complaint regarding a visit I had to one of your Petrol Stations in South Wales. The location is, Shell Swansea Bay, Fabian Way,
Neath, West Glamorgan, SA10 6JW. My reason for sending this email was the result of an incident that happened today (5.2.10).

I was queuing to fill my vehicle with V Power, which I need to run in my Civic Type R to keep it running in prestine condition. I noticed one of your workers cleaning the pumps with a bucket of soapy water and a sponge. It seemed as if he was unaware of the forecourt being busy and carried on cleaning the pumps even though people were trying to gain access to them. Whilst waiting to fill my car up, I saw the shell worker take a pump out and whilst cleaning it, managed to scratch it up against the side of a silver VW Polo (unfortunately I do not have the reg. for this owner). The Shell worker also leaned up against the owners car to rest upon. All of this happened whilst the owner and passengers when in the Shell Garage Shop, so they would be unaware of what was happening to their car.

I was furious and that he had no consideration of other peoples property. I then went on to watch the Shell worker continue to wash the pumps, continuing his disregard for other vehicles around him. It came to my turn to fill up and as I dreaded, the Shell worker came up to the pump I was using. I politely asked if he wouldn't mind cleaning the pump after I left, but he chose to ignore me and mumbled something to himself. When I went to pay for my fuel, I asked the Manager if she would have a word with the Shell worker as he had already damaged someones car and to consider cleaning the pumps at a less busier time of day. She also did not have anything to say and did not even apologize for him being so inconsiderate. It merely seemed like too much of a chore for her.

My visit to one your stations has left me wondering whether I want to buy from Shell again. It just goes to show, what a good, or bad customer experience may give people the impression to buy again from a particular retailer, whether its buying £10 of petrol, or a £15,000 car from a dealer.

I have been filling up at Shell Swansea Bay for over a year now and I believe that maybe it is down to new management, but the service had seriously deteriorated. I also forgot to mention that a few weeks back, I went to get Air for my tires and found the unit was broken, so when I visited the next week, it was fixed, but the door was open to the Air unit and the hose would not go all the way around the car. When I questioned it to the person behind the cash desk, she asked another member of staff if they could fix it, and he replied, "I fixed that the other day. I haven't got time to fix it now!"

All this makes me even wonder if the fuel is safe to buy from your garage, as if such simple tasks cannot be maintained, then how can more important things be done if the place is run by poor management. I also signed up for your Vpower card and have had numerous cards given out as they do not work at the Shell station, so I have spent approx £200 of fuel and have no points?

I eagerly wait your response.

That is quite a bit maddening.

There is always

Shell Sketty (2055)
76-78 Gower Road
Sketty
SA2 9BZ

6.4 miles away from the opne you mention but if you've lost confidence in the other one....

I have to travel 3 miles just to get to my local Shell.

Cheers for the heads up. I am going to Swansea later and I normally fill up there on the way back, I'll find somewhere else now.

Thanks guys. Think it was worth mentioning to any of you that go up Swansea way. I feel sorry for that Polo owner! Only thing now is what to use? Sketty is a bit far from here. I was thinking about trying some BP Ultimate. We used to use it when I was at Ford and put it in the ST's. Any thoughts on this?

I had BP Ultimate in mine when it was mapped and Paul at TDI North said it was crap as it kept knocking. Don't know if it was the fuel or perhaps a bad patch but I've always put in Shell V Power since unless when I can't find a station.

Cockett..... shaming as it may sound....I can't remember where that is....is it on the way to mumbles and is on the right?

I work in a petrol station mate, and quite often feel like I'm the only one doing any work! People leave massive ques form and don't help on other tills, things break and nobody has got the common sense/too lazy to fix them. Its an absolute nightmare!

I have been job hunting for a few weeks now because I cant stand working with morons.

But when I am cleaning the pumps, I make sure that not even a drop of water gets on a persons car, and get the usual banter from them of 'you can do mine next' - never gets old hahahaha

Exactly BigWhite. The idiot had no knowledge of what was going on around him and therefore did not care about hitting other peoples property.

Thats just typical of some of the small minded p****s that work for the big companies!! :mad:

Found this station so going to try this as its on a nice drive to the mumbles......Shell Halfway (691), 54 Mumbles Road, Swansea SA3 5AU.

Back