• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Bally_Ep3 - NHB Premier

Sooo been looking for an EP3 ever since i turned 20 in april, looked at loads and loads dotted around 100miles from me. Orignally wanted a Gunmetal Grey one, but couldnt find a decent one locally so got a NHB and never looked back :)

AWESOME to drive :)

MOD LIST;

- Spoon N1
- Gruppe M (Awesome Mod)
- Spoon Bpipe
- 6k HID
- J's Racing Strut Brace

ep3d.jpg

IMAG0285.jpg

IMAG0284.jpg

ep3.jpg

ep3side2.jpg

ep3side1.jpg

ep3front.jpg

Spoon N1 Exhaust.
spoonclose.jpg

40mins to fit the bugger, most time consuming thing was waiting for the original exhaust to cool down enough to remove it (TIG gloves came in handy)
337230_10150767935375304_539345303_20518027_5418832_o.jpg

Mod's to come ;
- Fully Adjustable Coilovers (KW, Tein, Buddyclub ... )
- X brace (Home Made, if anyone has an AutoCad Design for the bottom bracket?)
- Double Din (Pioneer one, trusted them since my first car)
- Sqaure Rear plates 13x7 (i think , if anyone has had good contacts/supplier)
- Short Shifter (Dont mind what brand)

Video's of the exhausts Below (Just the Spoon N1 Exhaust)(Will get one soon of the Spoon Bpipe+N1+Gruppe Hopefully)

Before

After

Weekend just gone just picked up some refurbed black OEM alloys, because mine are kerbed to f*ck (from previous owner) and i need my car daily. So im going to refurb my 'Old' ones Rota Bronze (as i love colour of my mates old set)

377412_10151126361010304_539345303_22495317_1097020368_n.jpg

Also I have just added a J's Racing Front Upper Strut Brace.. (But it doesnt look right in the engine bay, seems really tight agaisnt the A/C Pipe on the drivers side)

Pics of your strut brace?

Should look like this: I have seen people fit the J's brace wrong on A/C EP3's.

2009-08-05_11-42-12_050820091303.jpg

2009-08-05_11-42-34_050820091304.jpg

2009-08-05_11-43-06_050820091305.jpg

Looking good dude.

What's your insurance like? I waited untill I was 21 to get my first type r. At 24 it was still alot lol

So you bent the A/C Pipe near the mount for it? As mine currently goes over it lol :O

I can't remember off the top of my head what I did but I remember having to fit the bracket first, then connect the brace to it.

In fact i remember, the small bolt needs to come off (top left in the middle pic of mine) then you lift the air con pipe, fit the bracket then connect the strut.

I can't remember off the top of my head what I did but I remember having to fit the bracket first, then connect the brace to it.

I'll Go get a picture of my bay, its just looks weird at the moment. It the A/C pipe definately needs to be bent up by the mounting bracket to fit like yours, as mine is just a tight fine. There is no rubbing on the bonnet at all.

You need to undo that bolt which secures the AC pipe down, lift up the pipe, then fit the gold bracket underneath it. :smt023

This is the way its currently fitted, so all i need to do is undo the bolt from the bracket to the ally strut then force the A/C under the strut? Cheer Dotty
IMAG0116.jpg

This is the way its currently fitted, so all i need to do is undo the bolt from the bracket to the ally strut then force the A/C under the strut? Cheer Dotty

Yes.

Should look like this.

EarthingKitandInductionHose.jpg

The other thing you can do is flip one of the brackets for the A/C pipe (the one I'm referring to is towards the front of the engine bay/near the alternator/aux belt area) which slightly persuades and changes the way in which the A/C pipe flows - this creates enough direction for you to be able to squeeze the hose through the bracket/brace whilst avoiding contact. Try it..

Last edited by a moderator:
Woop, cheers guys i have sorted it out now! (i had to slightly persuade) under the strut brace so it doesnt rub agaisnt the mount :) Tbh i can feel the difference and it looks fairy bling in the bay.

Wanted : Coilovers + Camber Arms and some PhotoShop work, if anyone can help via the photoshop PM me Thankyou Guys.

:asw:

Back