• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Base map k100

Does anyone know any places to get a base map put on my k100 in Scotland for A Rotrex supersport supercharger that i'm currently fitting. I have already contacted TDI NORTH and they said i would have to trailer the car to them which is not an option (dont have a trailer). cheers

Are you aware that a k100 doesn't have a USB port so you can't directly use Kmanager with it in the normal way you would with a Kpro?

You need a special cable to attach to the board IIRC.

Besides that, Kmanager comes with base maps on the software and there are loads floating around on the Hondata support forum.

I wouldn't risk running a Rotrex on the stock map. It'll be dangerously lean for boost, so it will knock it's socks off on the way down.

Knock means heat, means warped head, burnt valves and/or crown damage.

I really wouldn't risk it having spent all that money on a Rotrex kit to skimp at the last hurdle.

Have a look at AutoMek (I think thats what they're called) they are Honda Tuners in Scotland and will probably be a better option to get it all fitted and mapped the same time.

Cheers Loxy. The ecu has been mapped by Paul at TDI North for rbc, teg m. And full decated exhaust. would that make a difference?

Ed. The supercharger is part fitted at the moment

AFR for na is approx 13-14:1, on a boosted car you really need 11-12:1. Obviously is depends on application but it is not in the same ball park. Plus there is the timing and cam advance etc.

As Ed said, Automek in East Kilbride are the best place for hondas in Scotland. They don't have a rolling road, but I'm sure they would help you get the car into a driveable state. However, you'd still have to trailer it over I suppose.

It sounds like the Kpro would be the better option in your situation, you could get a conservative base map on that easily enough. I take it you're planning a trip to TDI to have it mapped? I've struggled to find a reputable place around the central belt, most of them won't touch hondas.

As Ed said, Automek in East Kilbride are the best place for hondas in Scotland. They don't have a rolling road, but I'm sure they would help you get the car into a driveable state. However, you'd still have to trailer it over I suppose.

It sounds like the Kpro would be the better option in your situation, you could get a conservative base map on that easily enough. I take it you're planning a trip to TDI to have it mapped? I've struggled to find a reputable place around the central belt, most of them won't touch hondas.

You need a Kpro unit to map it as K100 is only an EEPROM memory board connected to the ECU to store a map.

I also don't think Automek tune Hondas but they can certainly recommend places to get it done.

Performance HQ in Dalgety Bay, near Fife is the place to go in Scotland for Honda tuning.

Cheers for the replys guys. I've put the original stuff back on. Cars booked in with Automek on 5th may and they're arranging with Russ at Performance HQ for mapping.

PerformanceTek in Glasgow just announced they're installing a rolling road right now!

Have fun at Automek, it's a wonderful place. Make sure you get a look at their K20 elise track weapon!

Could another option not be take the k100 out and send it to TDI north to put a base map on it and then send it back? Not cost the earth to post it and just send a prepaid packet with it for tdi. 2 3 days without a car isn't the end of the world.

Gerry is a nightmare to get a hold off. countless phonecalls and emails and visits. I has m still waiting on the receipt for getting an mfactory lsd fitted by him. This has been since christmas

sorta some issue as you at the moment fitting a rbc and dcsports manifold & custom 2.5 inch catback and looking for a safe base map for my trip
tdi north paul said id be safe to drive down if i took my time but i'm still kinda worryed traveling near 7hrs

sorta some issue as you at the moment fitting a rbc and dcsports manifold & custom 2.5 inch catback and looking for a safe base map for my trip
tdi north paul said id be safe to drive down if i took my time but i'm still kinda worryed traveling near 7hrs

Should be OK as ECU will be running closed loop. Don't exceed quarter throttle if possible. Should be safe up to 50%

paul also said i should be fine am just worryed as its a hell of a long drive lol been looking on the hondata site for a map with the rbc / dc / any manifold but no luck :(

Back