• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Batshnit crazy wipers

G'day.

So I have just spend the best part of 2 hours trawling through here and other realms of the t'interweb, and cannot find a definite answer to my question.

I have a 2007 FN2 GT. Of recent, the wipers have a complete and utter mind of their own. Symptoms include:

-Doing single wipe when engine is started for no good reason (set to auto)
-Single swipe (ie pushing up the stalk) results in wipers coming on for anywhere up to 2 minutes, before coming to a rest almost anywhere on the windscreen. Repeated
nudge may after several attempts and about 5 minutes of dry-wiping result in the wipers coming to a rest somewhere near the bottom of the windscreen
-When raining, the wipers generally tend to overspeed, and if the rain stops, they carry on wiping a dry windscreen for several minutes.
-Using manual mode to overcome the above is futile, as to turn wipers from manual to "off" involves pushing the stalk through the "auto" mode, hence triggring more dry wiping and swearing

I love my car, but this is pretty annoying! Anyone had any experience with this issue - is a BCM issue, or is there a sensor that tells the wipers where they are that goes duff?

Any help appreciated.

NB, I have disconnected battery and left it for some time in an attempt to reset the BCM's memory, but to no avail.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe that your car is possessed. I understand that this is, in all likelyhood, not a helpful comment.

You need either a Honda dealership or a priest.

The wiper motor is the fault. They stop sensing where the bottom of the sweep is and carry on moving.

You can either buy a new motor or try to clean the old one. I'll jump on the PC in a bit an find a link.

I believe that your car is possessed. I understand that this is, in all likelyhood, not a helpful comment.

You need either a Honda dealership or a priest.

Oh please no, not the D-word!! Being stuck on a rock floating in the irish sea, I have the choice of exactly one dealership, and that particular dealership knows less about Hondas than a washing machine with learning difficulties. I'll get on to my local priest then....

The wiper motor is the fault. They stop sensing where the bottom of the sweep is and carry on moving.

You can either buy a new motor or try to clean the old one. I'll jump on the PC in a bit an find a link.

Halleluja Loxy! Cheers man- I'll whip mine out and give it a clean, so to speak. And if not, I'll get prepared to have my pants pulled down I'm guessing?

Back