• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Battery Dead and Car is deadlocked - Unable to get in.

Hi All,

Hope everyone is well, I recently bought a Civic Type R, 55 plate, ep3, and had it parked up whilst away.

The battery on the car has died and it is also deadlocked. I have tried using the keys in the doors to open the car, but no luck.

I am really stuck and have no idea on how I can get into the car to release bonnet catch to reach the battery. Only way I can think of is breaking the glass...

Please if someone could advise or give some suggestions?

Yeah. There is no resistance when inserting key into tailgate lock or driver side door.

Even tried to use coat hanger to pull up lock on passenger side but it comes up a bit but still nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you get jump leads onto the alternator live if you jack it up? That trick saved me a ball ache on my mk4 golf with seized lock barrels!

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

As above, the key in the drivers door, should open just the drivers door. When I parked my EP3 over winter, I would lock the car on the fob, and then disconnect the battery, and shut the drivers door with the handle held up, which would deadlock the car.

When I wanted to get back in it, the key would unlock the drivers door only, but would allow access to the battery.

Back