• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Battery relocation

Hi has anyone got a list of parts I need to relocate my battery to behind the passenger seat?
also has anyone done a how too guide?

Battery
Battery tray
Battery clamp/strap
Terminals
Fuse of around 170amps (the smallest you can get away with IME)
Fuse holder (try Vehicle Wiring Products)
4 metres of a decent thickness cable (think mine's equivalent of zero gauge). Red for positive, black for earth (if you're bothered)
1x m8 insulated pillar post (or "bus bar") for engine bay - to tie your engine bay positives to, plus the cable from the battery
Assortment of heavy duty cable crimps (to suit cable size and diameter of fittings they will attach to)

Cheers buddy I want to fit my isolator switch not the dash too so it's race ready, did you earth your battery in the cabin ?

Cheers buddy I want to fit my isolator switch not the dash too so it's race ready, did you earth your battery in the cabin ?

Yeah mine's double-earthed to my cage mounts.

Any substantial contact patch with clean metal will do. Seatbelt anchor point would be another good one.

Back