• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

beaks style tie bar

I work for a small fabrication firm in sheffield and drive an ep3 ctr. Today i was looking at replica beaks tie bars and was discusted at the priceand revuews of poor workmanship. Tomorrow i am goint go fabricate my own. After i get perfect fitment i am thinking of putting a kit together for a fraction of the price of the ones on ebay. Hopefully 15-20 quid.

Once complete i would like to give somebody a kit free of charge to give a review.
Thanks,
Joe.

Sounds a great idea, would be interested to see how they turn out. I've got a progress arb on my ep3 but the tie bar part of it looks a bit worse for wear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will get grades of material tomorrow. Anybody who would like the first free one pick up only from anywhere in sheffield, rotherham or barnsley.
Joe.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Sounds a great idea, would be interested to see how they turn out. I've got a progress arb on my ep3 but the tie bar part of it looks a bit worse for wear.

Will a progress arb and tie bar set be compatible with another tie bar? Only had my ctr for two months now so a lot to learn.

Will a progress arb and tie bar set be compatible with another tie bar? Only had my ctr for two months now so a lot to learn.

I think so, from what I understand the arb is thicker and the tie bar can be split from it. Mine just looks a bit tatty.

I think so, from what I understand the arb is thicker and the tie bar can be split from it. Mine just looks a bit tatty.

Sure a nice clean and a bit of tlc could sort that and save you a few pennies. How vizible are the tie bars from the back of the car? The ones i will produced will just be brushed aluminium which looks good and also gives the customer chance to paint it whatever colour they wish. Will also be producing bonnet spacers/risers at low cost if anybody is interested? I have some fitted to mine will post pics tomorrow.
Joe.

After some reading up i have gathered that these lower tie bars are more about looks. So i have made one out of thinner material, therefore cheaper. Looks like it will fit, will be on my car next week. Will make another one or two. Pics soon. Post or pm if interested. These bars are free but pick up only.
Thanks.

20140522_210302_zpsc1f586c1.jpg

Attatches to the two bottom ARB bolts. Will have four bolts holding it together instead of two but you get the idea.
Joe.

Got anymore pics mate? How much you looking to sell em for?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I was gonna get a courier to pick it up. Kent mate

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

20140604_170125_zpsfbd43a29.jpg

Excuse the horrific underside of my car :-(
20140604_212332_zps9b8db82c.jpg

Will have to speak to a few people before i decide a price. Location is sheffield.
A group buy may be the best option if enough people want one.
Joe.

Back