• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Bearing annoying noise

Hi in getting that annoying bearing noise on my ep3 type r
its only when it's cold until it's warm it's coming from the alternator pulley area,do you think I should just change both pulleys and replace the belt
thanks guys

It'll be more of a wear and tear problem than a common problem. Bearings wear out, its normal.

Just a word of warning, when I changed my top pulley the crank pulley was on its last legs too. Would be worth inspecting that whilst it's all apart. It was a Honda only part and they don't keep it in normal stock. Cost me about £100 iirc

Hi in getting that annoying bearing noise on my ep3 type r
its only when it's cold until it's warm it's coming from the alternator pulley area,do you think I should just change both pulleys and replace the belt
thanks guys

Check my post mate I have similar issue and have found out what it is.

My top pulley was making noises, so ordered a replacement. When we went to fit it we found the other one had play so ended up changing that too. Got the parts from Tegiwa.

Back