• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Been looking at Fn2's but dc2s keep calling me over

My car is pretty much sold. Got it for another month then it will be going. Been offerd an Fn2 through a family friend. 2007 with FSH and only 52000 on the clock. Not sure on price yet but it will be cheaper than most.

Very very intersted but I'm at the point where I have the money for a nice dc2. Couldn't afford the 9k for a dc5 but seen some nice dc2s around the 4-5k mark.

opinions on where my money would be best spent. Love both the cars so I'm a little torn.

dc2 being older. Less interior style , more of a drivers car and a classic.

Fn2 having better interior. Easier to get certain parts I would imagine. Won't holds its value like a good dc2

Any opinions and comments welcome.

I've just had this exact debate. Being in a DC2 recently I loved it, however what you have said is right, higher miles, old interior etc. The 2 main things that attracted me where that they are rarer and cooler (imo). Despite this the FN2 had too many plus points for me and there are a lot of good examples out there to chose from.

Now I have my FN2, I love it, it fits the bill for what I wanted and although its not as cool as a Teg, I think I've made the right decision. This prob hasnt help you but having been in this situation I thought I'd throw my hat in the ring. If you've not drove a FN2, try one, you might be supprised and love it.

Have fun deciding and keep us posted.

thank you for the reply. yeah I've drove an fn2 and also really enjoyed it. never drove a dc2 and the love the looks and rarity on the roads. Fn2 is more practical for what i need but i would love a dc2 but as a few have said finding a decent one in my budget would likely to be hard. Theres loads of fn2s between 4-6k which I'm sure theres a few good ones between them.

Yeah there should be. Good dc2's go for a lot and I would have just hated putting miles on it. Where as with the fn2 I don't care.

I considered going from an FN2 to a DC2 and was advised against it.
The ride isn't great for every day and there is a problem with rust inside the arches

Sent from my SM-G130HN using Tapatalk

thats an issue i don't want to be honest but would have to be expected with an older motor. My old would kill me :)

DC2s are getting to the age that they won't be practical as a daily, not unless you're happy to run it into the ground. There will be quite a lot of work in rust prevention and servicing to keep it in good condition. It would be better as a weekend toy so you can care for it properly and not be constantly worrying.

I guess a sensible run around and a DC2 is out of the question? I still need to scratch the DC2 itch as well, absolutely fantastic as a weekend warrior.

DC2's aren't nice on longer journey's, they're raw as you like. Phenomenal drivers car if a little too tail happy.

Be careful of rust on them, not just arches but underneath etc.

yeah as much as i want one i just don't think its practical as said unless i got another cheap motor for a daily, that will never work either

It's easy enough to find something cheap and reliable as a daily. If you're happy to drive something basic, and almost certainly UGLY, you can do it amazingly cheaply. Simple cars are easy to keep running if you don't mind getting your hands dirty. Also, when it breaks, you have a good excuse to take the DC2 to work!

Do it.

Cheers Jimbo, went to look at another Fn2 yesterday with 50,000 on the clock , 2007 Gt just waiting to get a price. Keeping my eye out for a decent dc2 just incase as it could be a spur of the Moment buy :)

going to look at the fn2 today. Been told it needs the Air-con doing as its not as cold as it was and the Mirrors (possibly one) won't fold electrically

read on loxy's post the mirrors could be the module and is an easy fix and hopefully Air-con just needs re-gassing.

Its a Red 2007 civic with FSH and been well looked after in regards to decent tyres and serviced on time and so on. Its only done 52000 miles

He's asked for £5600 ( A good friends brother in law ) I reckon with the issues that need sorting i should offer £5200 or would this be to cheeky :)

No harm in making an offer. Worse they can say is no

Sent from my SM-G130HN using Tapatalk

I'd try going in lower as there are loads available - although the mileage is good for a 2007. Assume it's a GT - and does it have any upgrades?

Brian.

Just got back from a good drive in it.

Engine is fantastic and sounds really healthy. Top pully was a little noisy.

passenger mirror starts to pull in and stops so sounds like the modules need doing. FSH and been looked after as far as servicing goes and decent brakes and tyres. But that's where it ended

Body work was tatty in places , scuffs chips scratches and needs some serious paint correction. Cracked mirror indicator lense. Slight wear to bolster , interior needs a real good scrub as it looks like oil ingress to the door arm rest.

No rust but overall I wasn't happy with the body work. Didn't want to move on the price as he said it was lowerd being a family friend but I would have had it for around 5k but no more.

Shame as the engine and box were brilliant

exactly mate I've left it with him to be honest as for 5k i would take a punt and tidy it up with the money saved but not a penny more :)

Going to look at another type r Fn2 tommorow.

Silver with FSH and low miles and in my budget :) this could be the one

Back