• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

beginners street package

hey peeps iam a newbie and iam now on the verge of buying an EP3 CTR peice of god!! :D lol i want to lightly/mildly modify it. i have shopped around and looked at reveiws of peices of kit and everyone has there own opinions of things and mixed emotions so cant seem to choose which is the best mods for my money and just good mods for quality and performance too. i have a budget of around £3000...£3500 if i needed to at a push!! lol so can anyone reccemmend a good street package to begin with? i dont mind paying good money for good products. dont want no halfords own brands on this car thankyou! haha any help would be great Thanks!! :)

You could actually get quite a lot with that kind of cash.

If it were me, and I was starting again;

1st. Springs, Arms, Bolts, FRSU
2nd. DS2500 pads, Goodridge or HEL hoses, Brake fluid.
3rd. Header, 2.5" B-Pipe
4th. Intake and possibly an RBC.
5th. K100 and remap.

If you can find the Header, intake, RBC, Springs second hand, you should have money left over. The K100 and remap will be the expensive parts.

You need the K100 for the remap. A lot of places will do a deal on both.

I would get the FRSU done first, as you might decide you dont need the extra power after this.

oh does it. okay, how would sort of huge difference we talking? where abouts can you go to get a fast road set-up, how much money are we talking bud?

Personally I would go for the lot, Springs, arms and bolts, probably about £500, then the FRSU is around £250-£300 IIRC, I may be wrong though, its been a while since I had mine done.

The difference is in corners, the way the Geometry is set up, plants the car in bends, giving you more confidence to push harder.

The best example I can give is, on the M58 the slip road to Skem, is a really tight 270 degree left hand bend. Before the FRSU, the car would shift through understeer and oversteer, and the maximum I would trust the car was around 40-45mph round the whole turn.

I had the FRSU done, and could take the same corner at around 50-55mph with no drama's, it just felt like it was on rails.

Another example is the A570, the only thing I have struggle to keep up with is a Caterham up the twisty country bends. Everything else i have left behind.

nice one mate, cheers for that! :D yeah what arms and bolts would you say are good to go for? like i said i dont mind paying for qaulity! :)

Eibach are pretty much the most recommended. Never heard a bad thing about them. A lot of the performance garages (TDI, CLP, TGM, Grinspeed etc) will supply the arms and bolts when you book in for the FRSU.

Where abouts are you from?

Not sure, I know TGM, CPL and Eurospec are down south somewhere, but Im from Liverpool, so haven't used them.

Have a look at the traders section.

Welcome, lightly modding?? With your budget you could do some serious damage! I'm currently tweaking/lightly modding mine, I've gone for slight power gains first wish I had gone down the suspension and frsu route first.

haha yeah I know I could I am just looking for an all round street package really, like you said suspension FRSU and some slight power gains will do just fine! :) What you running currently then dude?

Well when I bought the car in June I made sure I got a big service done out of piece of mind, I changed all filters, fluids etc.
My plans for tweaking which I have done were:
ITG air filter (standard airbox) However I thought I would try the airbox mod with cold air feed so now I have the Hondata airbox mod with ITG filter and caf.
Catback exhaust, wanted it looking quite standard abit more performance and didn't want it loud, so I had a custom catback by Longlife.

Future plans are:
Hondata reflash
and Eibach springs, camber bolts, rear arms with frsu. And engine mount inserts.

Then just look after and enjoy the car, I'm doing mine on a tight budget so trying to save, my build is going pretty sloooow. But for me those mods are fine the mods I've got now have given a slight difference, especially in the mid range, it feels stronger in vtec now too. Next will be the suspension and mounts, last will be the reflash.

if you have all that money available now i would try and have it all done at once, should save a bit on labour costs.

Well when I bought the car in June I made sure I got a big service done out of piece of mind, I changed all filters, fluids etc.
My plans for tweaking which I have done were:
ITG air filter (standard airbox) However I thought I would try the airbox mod with cold air feed so now I have the Hondata airbox mod with ITG filter and caf.
Catback exhaust, wanted it looking quite standard abit more performance and didn't want it loud, so I had a custom catback by Longlife.

Future plans are:
Hondata reflash
and Eibach springs, camber bolts, rear arms with frsu. And engine mount inserts.

Then just look after and enjoy the car, I'm doing mine on a tight budget so trying to save, my build is going pretty sloooow. But for me those mods are fine the mods I've got now have given a slight difference, especially in the mid range, it feels stronger in vtec now too. Next will be the suspension and mounts, last will be the reflash.

sounds a good starting set up dude :) what engine mounts you got? whats the benefits of having aftermarket engine mounts you know? thinking of maybe getting some myself.

Back