• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Bell.co.uk

Dynax

The Babysitter
Recently took out a policy with these guys for my Type-R.

Now, as you all know im fairly young, but they quoted me with a reasonable price where nearly every other company said no.

They're good with modifications (Not had first hand experience yet, but from what i've been told) and i've just rang them as they've asked for my certificate of no claims. I cant seem to find any certificate, but i rang up to enquire if another document i've found will do, but instead they're going to contact Tesco and chase it up for me :cool:

Always answer the phone really quickly, never on hold for more than a minute, and top service.

Highly recommended :cool:

Any insurer should be able to get your NCB from your past company with no fuss tbh Rich.
Iirc Bell are a major bike insurer.

Bell do a lot of the 10 month accelerator policies, that's who I was first insured with on my 1987 Civic DL :)

I've just turned 24. ATR with BEll cheapest i could find. 5years NCD protected. £1100.

I am with these at the the moment and will be when I get the TypeR GT on the 1st of September... quotes are very good as is the customer service.

:D

My experience with bell was good enough quote for the first year, it is only 10 months though and a lot of companies will not accept this as full no claims. I found this with two companies when i was trying to ensure my type R.

However after the first year and despite having no claims the renewal price was only down 15 quid on the previous year and they refused to budge on this.

My experience with bell was good enough quote for the first year, it is only 10 months though and a lot of companies will not accept this as full no claims. I found this with two companies when i was trying to ensure my type R.

However after the first year and despite having no claims the renewal price was only down 15 quid on the previous year and they refused to budge on this.
Why would they not accept it? It still goes down as having a years NCB when you leave? I have never seen on a NCB letter where it states that a year was only 10 months.

Seems very strange.

Why would they not accept it? It still goes down as having a years NCB when you leave? I have never seen on a NCB letter where it states that a year was only 10 months.

Seems very strange.

This is true. I've been with Elephant since i've had the type-r and as such my 6years protected NCB have been built up on a 10 month policy. Although i've stuck with them i ALWAYS shop around and no-one has ever asked or been bothered about the policy length, all they have been worried about is how may yrs i have.

I'm on my second year with them.

Pay about £1050 at 24 with 1 years NCB.

Could not find anyone else who could come close!

thank god i'm old, with full NCB. i'm with quick-fit atm and was £295 last year fully comp.

thank god i'm old, with full NCB. i'm with quick-fit atm and was £295 last year fully comp.

Being old isn't so bad!!! I switched to E-Sure (Even though I hate the commercials... so very hate the commercials :mad: ) Because Tesco, my previous insurance broker only seemed to want to bend me over and arse rape me with the policy after I'd been in an RTC which wan't my fault but they couldn't be bothered getting off their lazy arses and speaking to the 3rd party insurance... in the end I just left, told them to sort it out.

When the finally did and found that my stationary vehicle wasn't actually the one that cut across 3 lanes of traffic to try and get up the slip road and then crash into some poor unsuspecting ******* in a traffic queue, I went with E-Sure... Sorry but that's 2 claims and 2 really bad experience with Tesco... maybe they should stick to selling fruit and veg like a good little greengrocer... :confused: Anywhooo.....

My policy is still fully comp and includes windscreen and legal cover, all for around the £350 mark... it's all good :cool: (Didn't need extra breakdown cover as I already have a seperate policy with the RAC which my ex fully paid up for a year... Oh well never mind :twisted: - I'll carry that on at some point too).

This is true. I've been with Elephant since i've had the type-r and as such my 6years protected NCB have been built up on a 10 month policy. Although i've stuck with them i ALWAYS shop around and no-one has ever asked or been bothered about the policy length, all they have been worried about is how may yrs i have.
Exactly how I have found it mate... ;)

I'm on my second year with them.

Pay about £1050 at 24 with 1 years NCB.

Could not find anyone else who could come close!
same here elephant was good for me when noone would come close, ive only ever been with elephant and bell, but bell was only for a few months

Seems very strange.

2 companies would not accept it, granted they weren't some of the more mainstream companies. On both occasions they asked who my previous insurance was with and when i said bell they made a point of telling me that they would not accept 2 10 month policies as 2 years no claims.

In the end i went with Admiral (who underwrite, bell is that correct?) no one came close to them for me.

I was £900ish (it was under but can't remember the exact number) with 6 points and 2 years no claims and i'm only 21.

Back