• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Bell Insurance

Loxy

Site Treasurer
Administrator
Eyup,

Through one thing or another I've ended up with zero no claims (no accidents) and 3 points. I paid Bell £1087 in September for a full year (not the rip off 10 months) fully comp with £250 excess and business.

Firstly I am 29. Also I know insurance has come down a bit recently. I've just added a Spoon N1 and I told them. It's only gone up £58 which I think is pretty decent.

I tried Adrian Flux when I first got my CTR, spent 20 minutes on hold while he had a 'chat' with his manager and the best they could come up with was £1400. I would therefore whole-heartedly recommend Bell based on price. Had a windscreen chip repaired and no problems or mark on my premium.

Saying that Adrian Flux have knocked £100 off my wife's Type S (K20a3). She's got 7 years no claims, business use with me on it with induction and 17" alloys and it was £400, £300 excess. Winner!!

Interesting...

:lol: Fair enough. I bought my first car, a KA, when I was 24 but met my wife the same month (obviously she wasn't my wife then...) and sold the KA along with her Citroen C2 to buy the Type S I've posted a few pics of. I then sat on her policy for a few years.

I then got a job where I needed a car so panic bought a W reg 1.1 Saxo Forte, having driven her C2, I thought how bad can it be!? Worst car of my life and it died at the side of the road after the head gasket went and I drive it back home from work (I was past caring with that car!).

Then bought an 02 1.3i Fiesta (shape that's just been replaced) phoned the insurance to change the car on the policy, has 2 months to go until renewal. They wanted £480 to change it to the new car?! This was Kwik-Fit, would whole heartedly not recommend them!!

So started a new policy, didn't learn from my mistake though and did it again through Kwik-Fit. I then got bored of the Fiesta and convinced the wife that because I did a bit of motorway driving that I needed a decent car and got the car I'd been after all along my CTR! This time Kwik-Fit wanted £1700 to change.

Turns out because Kwik-Fit are only really brokers, they have very car specific insurers, so you get stung when you change car. This was in September '08 and I've no plans to change the CTR!!

The 3 points was in Greater Manchester in 2007 before they introduced the speed awareness courses. So got 3 points. Was probably going too quick to be offered it anyway. Gaulling thing was that I speeded up to get past a van that was parked half on the road, half on the kerb, before I met on comming traffic. Saw the camera sticking out of the van as I drew level with it.... 43 in a 30. Calmed down a bit now though. :mad:

Ah the old new policy before being able to qualify for a no claims bonus. I did this also when I changed from my first to second car.

It just goes to show that being older isn't always the answer when it comes to insurance.

Just thought I'd update this thread.

I've been firing some scenarios at Bell while having a glass or two of vino and come out with the following.

All these prices are based on a few things:
  • It'd be my renewal, so having 1 years no claims (hope that's not a jinx)
  • 3 points for SP30
  • having the wife on the policy (knocks about a third off!?! WHY?!)
  • no accidents or any other motoring convictions
  • me being 29 years old and having my licence for 12 years (jeez that makes me feel old)
  • my 2004 CTR being worth about £6000
  • doing 10k per year with business (optimistic? maybe...)
  • excess £100 std plus £250 voluntary
  • 12 month policy on flexibell with windscreen, courtesy car for accident, theft or write off and legal cover
  • fully comprehensive
Standard car - £832
with 1 mod as exhaust - £869
with 2 mods as exhaust + induction - £894
with 3 mods as exhaust, induction + chip 0-10% (kpro) - £952
with all three plus tints - £952 (free?!)

Nows the killer....

DC5 (imported) 2004-5 est value £12,000k (rough guess) - £1182

Might just save up for a 'teg! :confused:

Back