• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Bennyctr's Premier Cosmic Ep3

i need to get my suspension adjusted soon as possible as it is too hard and a tad too low atm, anyone know anywhere near to southampton that can do this for me? also how much is it likely to cost me??

anyone know what make of coilovers i have on it??

SAM_0419.jpg

SAM_0418.jpg

quick pictures i took through the wheels looking at the rear suspension....

Yep they look the same to me too. Not sure if I'd keep them if it was me but if you're happy with them then great.

they do look pretty similar dont they, i would replace them if i had the money, maybe a future mod possibility!?

I was just thinking, if they're coilys can you not adjust them yourself?

yeah i probably could if i knew how to lol and dont really trust myself to do it blind and just 'play' lol

i've noticed that my aircon blows at the same temperature as the normal cold setting on the blowers......does it just need re-gassing or is it something more serious than that??

also any idea of how much this would be??

It probably just needs re gassing. When at a stand still does the fan kick in and out when you've got the air con on? No matter what though (unless it's your condenser that's gone) it shouldn't be an expensive fix. Just think about all those horse powers you're keeping with it not on!

SMALL UPDATE

Well took a trip to TGM Fleet yesterday to get my suspension rasied slightly, nice 90 mile round trip :)

When i got there i was surprised at how many DC5s there were all stripped out ready for racing, i've never seen a DC5 in the flesh and they looked very smart all decalled up :) if i could afford the premiums on an import they would be my next car purchse for sure!!

Anyway onto my suspension, turns out the rear was at different heights to each other and also the rear and the front were both nearly the same height of the ground, rears supposed to be a little bit higher IIRC!? So a big thanks to Tom for sorting it out for me :)

I also got some energy suspension front and rear engine mounts fitted while it was in the air!

ride height before;
SAM_0420.jpg

ride height after;
SAM_0502.jpg

its not really that clear in the first picture because its slightly from above but you get the idea, the drivers side rear wheel was tucked right up in the arch :O anyway its been raised about 15mm as an average, but due to the inconcistancy i think Tom said the rear drivers side was raised about 25mm in order to bring it level so that gives you some idea!

Finally got my private plate fitted too;
SAM_0506.jpg

This lot came on thursday morning;
SAM_0497.jpg

so far ive fitted the new HB3 6500k Bulbs for the full beam but am waiting on the bulb holders from ebay to come through before i can fit the HID kit, while im here anyone know how you get to the indicator and sidelight bulbs??

something else also came through in the post while i was out earlier :)
SAM_0512.jpg

I noticed when washing it the fog lights on the front seem to be redundant?? Visible in the picture of my plate!! Is there meant to be some there? if there is is it expensive to get new ones as i'm going to need them for the winter months soon approaching??

cheers c+c welcome

Last edited by a moderator:
The Side bulbs are best accessed by removing the wheel lining. You can take the plastic off in the engine bay which runs along the side but it's still very difficult to get to.

sidelights are easy i did mine today

put full lock on one of the wheels and take a few of the clips off the arch lining and just pull it back enough to get your hand in and then twist the plug and the sidelight will come out

sidelights are easy i did mine today

put full lock on one of the wheels and take a few of the clips off the arch lining and just pull it back enough to get your hand in and then twist the plug and the sidelight will come out

Nice 1, I will give that a whirl on Monday!

SMALL UPDATE 21/11/11

Well I haven’t updated this for quite a while so ill just get you back up to date.

I have fitted my forum decal; big thanks to Mook for supplying and advice on fitting!

SAM_0594.jpg

SAM_0595.jpg

My 8000k HID kit is in finally, my driver’s side bulb went Friday so that made for a excuse to fit them on Saturday! Big thanks to nick for fitting them for me, they look awesome. Fitted ballasts using some sticky Velcro pads I got from B&Q :) seem to have held up well so far after a spirited drive last night. The need for full beams on country roads is greatly reduced!

Night shot;
SAM_0602.jpg

Ballast on passenger side;
SAM_0597.jpg

Ballast on drivers side hidden behind the plastic cover;
SAM_0598.jpg

Car hit a small milestone :)

SAM_0588.jpg

I have booked my car in on the 28/11 to have all four wheels refurbished in gloss black, also having these babies fitted afterwards :)
SAM_0599.jpg

SAM_0600.jpg

SAM_0601.jpg

So hopefully weather permitting whilst the car is up on axle stands for a few days i will be painting the brake calipers gold, and the embossed bits either black with red 'R' or silver with red 'R' what your opinions?

Last edited by a moderator:
PRE-UPDATE UPDATE :)

just a quick one these are a few pics i took of my new callipers and wheels :) hope you like.....

SAM_0224.jpg

SAM_0225.jpg

SAM_0228.jpg

to come....

pictures of skunk2 gear knob
tegiwa M when fitted
painted red wheel nuts
centre caps

:)
more imaginative pictures

Back