• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Benz 30th Anniversary Type R *246bhp 172lbft*

Well I had my track day at Croft Circuit this weekend and i'm hooked. The day started off dry and with each lap I started building in confidance, then the rain came but it was still great fun.

I left my budget tyres on the front to try and scrub them off so by the end of the day in the wet there was next to no front end grip, the Falkens on the back however where like glue. Next time I will definatly have some good tyres on all round.

There was another ep3 there which was nice to hear the sound diffrence with my Induction kit on of which a few commented on and asked for a look under the bonnet :D

DSC_4959_zps2606db70.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

DSC_5295_zpsb02d9bee.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Nice one buddy! I love to do one!! Class about the intake, what intake kit did the other have? I yake it yours was the stand out sound and everyone was like whaaat has he got under there?? Haha

Nice one buddy! I love to do one!! Class about the intake, what intake kit did the other have? I yake it yours was the stand out sound and everyone was like whaaat has he got under there?? Haha

The other one just had the standard air box and there where a few positive comments on the vtec roar with my intake :D

Hi

Been moving house so not done much to the type r. I have priced up a full Piper Exhaust system with manifold and sports cat so that will be the first job of the new year.

Few recent pics during the move and from track day with a vid of my car doing the start finish straight in the wet at croft circuit (was no tracktion on top corner so only topped out at 100mph)... enjoy.

[video][/video]

Pit Lane
20141108_113756_zpshqw2k9p8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_20141104_183342_zpsjby0cso3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Practical Type R. But is it safe to Vtec with my Lapierre on the roof???

IMG_20141101_121953_zpseu7ojwbu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a guy called spooner restorations used to do them!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul at Spooner does fantastic custom work. I have a Black rocker with red Honda writing being fitted on Monday.

Ooooh new tyres. Treat my rear wheels to a pair of Goodyear Eagle F1's also went for the wider option of 215's rather than the standard 205's, they sit on the rims well with no rubbing at all. They are also like glue when cornering at speed :lol:. Any thoughts for the correct pressure to put in 215's?

20150124_160042_zpsge18pruf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I bought these on my previous one - I can confirm that during an accident you are glad you have these ^_^ unfortunately I now have to buy them for my new EP3 *sigh*
I had them at about 33 front and rear 35 psi... good taste in tyres :p

Trix

*edit* She's pretty :p nice one

I bought these on my previous one - I can confirm that during an accident you are glad you have these ^_^ unfortunately I now have to buy them for my new EP3 *sigh*

Trix

Thanks, She's definatley my pride and joy and always puts a huge grin on my face, Not the most powerful and not the fastest but the EP3 is definatly a drivers car.

I had a final quote through today to have the full piper exhaust system fitted by Revolution in Gateshead. So it includes manifold, sports cat and cat back with twin 3.5" slash cut tail pipes, they also suggested replacing the engine mounts with Powerflex mounts because in there experiance on the EP3 the piper manifold knocks against the bulkhead under hard accelaration. Total cost supplied and fitted exhaust and mounts £1420. I think the savings account is going to get a hammering this month lol.

Trix

The Rear pressures should be less than the fronts. I think more suitable would be 33psi fronts and 31psi rears. IMO of course :)

The Rear pressures should be less than the fronts. I think more suitable would be 33psi fronts and 31psi rears. IMO of course :)

Good point hothatch, my fronts are still 205's for now but i'll try 33psi in the back and see how she handles.

It's been a nice afternoon so my Annie has had her first proper coat of wax for the year. Big fan of Meguiars waxes and polishes. As she's black I use Meguiars Gold Class Carnauba Plus Liquid Wax, it tends not to show any white residue you tend to get on cold damp days in winter when you cant get a good dry buff off lol. I'll put some pictures up in a bit.

I have also been trying to solve my speaker vibration issues. The door cards and rear grills tend to vibrate when my tunes are on lol. I found that the rear grills keep popping off so I've taken them out for now, any body else had that issue? Rear speakers sound great without the grills.

I took the drivers door card off, all clips and screws are in good condition and tight, I found some dyno mat in the garage so stuck a peace behind the speaker on the outer skin of the door, hopefully that will dampen any resonance in the door from the speaker, I'll have a look at the passenger door next week.

If any one has any ideas please feel free to share them.

typer001_zpsuffz9xsp.png
[/URL][/IMG]
You can tell the 215 Eagle F1's on the rear sit on the rims nicer than the 205 Falkens on the front.
typer003_zpsesfg5i4x.png
[/URL][/IMG]

typer002_zpsbu7vxld0.png
[/URL][/IMG]
I love NHB when it's this clean, I really don't want to take her out now, but a least that coat of wax will protect against all the salt on the roads.

So the Dynomat in the drivers door has worked a treat, just the passenger side to do. Unfortunatly I noticed alot of moisture inside the door and it seems the exteria weather seal along the bottom of the window has failed, nothing is getting into the car but I don't hold much hope for the door electrics including my speaker terminals which had a layer of surface rust.

Had a look on Lings Honda web site and they are about £52 each to replace plus postage, anyone know any other Honda Parts websites? I'm going to try my local dealer Benfield Honda in Stockton, I bet the price will be the same but I will save the postage costs.... needs to be done though.

Also been looking on howmanyleft.co.uk and Q3 2014 only 206 30th Anniversary Type R's left on UK roads and only 7 SORN. She's becoming a very rare breed.

Big News!!!!
My exhaust and engine mounts are getting fitted on the 25th Feb and im booked into TDI North on the 7th March for a K100 and remap :smt026

Very excited :D/

Back