• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Benz 30th Anniversary Type R *246bhp 172lbft*

Don't you?!

I actually have an emergency kit in the car at all times. My mother made it up when I got my licence (14 years ago, holy cr*p!); warning triangle, jump leads, rope, torch, blanket, that kind of thing. I've added a few tools, and I think I've needed every single thing in that kit over the years. I wouldn't drive around without the basic tools, but then I have owned a lot of really **** cars.....:rolleyes:

Out of interest, what do you take with you for track days?

I take 2 spare wheels, socket set, trolly jack, power bar, pump, few screw drivers, oil and my AA membership card lol.

AA membership card is like the Swiss army knife of the car world. You could build an entire car with it, put car + parts on the road and say 'the bits fell off'.

Had an Air-con weekend mainly. When I got the car it wasn't working, had it serviced by Honda last year and they couldn't find a leak but it was only holding pressure for a day. They suggested a new condenser but could not guarantee a fix and at over £500 I left it.

Last week I managed to get a condenser, dryer and o rings for about £80, installed it all on Saturday and got re-gassed at Kwick Fit yesterday and so far it's still working so fingers crossed it's going to be a cool summer in Annie. The old condenser was the original and had a few fins missing and had a bow in the bottom.

While i had the bumper off i did some rust removal treatment on the steel work and wax oiled everything, I also installed some black mesh on the lower bumper to prevent any future damage to the new condenser.

Bad news guys. Eibach have stopped making spring kits for the EP3 :noseblow: which I was very gutted about on saturday when I was trying to price a set up.

Has anyone fitted TEIN springs or had any experiance with them or knows any body with them? Or any advice on other springs that are good for my EP3?

Update:

Ignore that, Revolution throwing me a curve ball for no reason.... Eibach's will be fitted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Little update:

It's been a busy few weeks doing some preventative maintenance on Annie.

I have been knocking as much surface rust as I can off the chassie, there wasnt much but thought at 12 years old best to get it done. I then painted some rust treatment on the bare metal and then painted some new under seal under the whole car. I'm sure I've missed some bits as I was working under axle stands which isn't the best but no access to a lift, its got to be better than before.

I still need to remove the rear bumper to get at the metal work there, from underneath behind the bumper looks very ropey but i suppose all the rear wheel spray gets up there.

I have also stripped all the brakes to grease and make sure they are clean and functioning, found a couple of slider pin boots had split and the front caliper piston weather seals have also split.

I need to keep the car on the road and as i have never refurbished calipers I decided to buy a second hand pair on ebay and refurbish them then swop and sell the old ones on for someone else to do the same. I looked at some Premier ones but they cost around £200 second hand so I found a pair of standard Type R ones for £72 which included some very good condition BFGoodrich braided hoses..... Success!!!!

One of the calipers (the other was already on my bench at work half stripped) also my second hand o2 sensor, new gear box mount arrived and linkage bushes.
HPIM3169_zps1exja2ex.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I fitted the o2 sensor I also got off ebay for £70, better than £178 from Tegiwa new, I know the o2 senor fault should of cleared according to most but in my case it didn't, after resetting the ecu I've had no errors for 200+ miles.

Today I have given the engine bay a clean and polish, also removed some mods... after alot of thinking i decided to remove my HID's because of all the angry drivers coming the other way haha so fitted some Philips Extreme Vision lamps and new LED side lamps, also replaced the red washer hose with original black which looks less tacky to me and after the clean i refitted the bonnet sound deadening matt.

after the clean:

IMG_20150426_152857_zpstoz0s25s.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Removed the top wing bolts and head light bolts last night, they had gone rusty so instead of buying new ones I cleaned them up and sprayed them black, a quick effective fix and cheap.

20150426_151912_zps32fpqudx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Also pleased to say my Air Con is still performing well and just booked into Honda for a Service so looking forward to Jazz power next Tuesday..... Must remember when I pull out the dealership that it's not a Type R (last year someone nearly went into the back of me, it was a big enough gap for a type r but not a Jazz haha).

This arrived yesterday....... Latest impulse buy

IMG_20150516_134521_zps94my398a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20150516_175035_zpsvehquwkt.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Fitted with Tegiwa Solid Bushes

20150516_202741_zpscubwdkqa.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Very impressed with the 40% throw reduction, going to do a few other bits while the center console is out.

MOT day Yesterday :hide:

She failed on emissions the o2 reading came out at 0.2% with the piper sports cat. My mechanic added some fuel additive then it sailed through :woot:

Next year i'll add the additive before the MOT haha.

Nice Anthracite on the wheels mate looks awesome on à black ep3 :cool:

Cheers mate, I went for the Matt Anthracite rather than having a shine on them and I was very impressed with the look, I think Bronze looks nice on the NHB's too.

Little update on my Lambda sensor issues, I thought I fixed it but the 2nd hand one failed so I splashed out on a new one, but the same issue which is a low voltage fault code on bank 1 sensor 1.

So a week before my MOT I took TDi Norths advice and checked all the wires. I cleaning all the wiring connections and re-securing the cables under the car which where all hanging down. The fault code cleared and all was well.... I thought.

I found at the weekend the fault code had popped back up on my fault code reader..... which may account for my emissions fail. Doh!!!

So the fault is low voltage, been reading up on lambda sensor voltage and the voltage drops as the emissions rise then the voltage rises again as the engine starts to run lean then it switches again so now I'm thinking something around the throttle body or position sensor clean and calibration. My reasoning is the engine isn't reacting fast enough for the lambda sensor..... Really clutching at straws now.

Any one got any ideas or advice?

Last edited by a moderator:
Time to get a few little jobs done that I have been putting off.....

Powerflex Gear Box top mount fitted this evening, hands cut to peaces and a little 'How To' guide added to the forum for anyone else wanting to do this.

20150615_173220_zpst0snpps7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Not much happening with the 30th over the past few months, fitted an oil pressure gauge and vacuum gauge. Also got around to fitting my Amp and speakers, I fitted the Amp under the drivers seat to keep it out the way.

The gauges have stepper motor's so they have a start and stop sequence they also have warning lights, I only went for the Vac gauge because they are the most active.
20150816_170716_zps8kxvgrbc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Pic of my BuddyClub Racing Short Shifter fitted with polished gear knob and new suede gaiter.

20150816_170621_zpsnysi1d1l.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I'm having some work done tomorrow but wont say anymore until it's sorted.

Well I spent the day at Revolution Gateshead having Eibach Pro Springs, Eibach rear camber arms and front camber bolts fitted. Also full race setup: -1.0 deg camber all round, 2mm toe in at the rear and 1mm toe out on the front.

It's made a massive difference to the whole car, the handling is a thousand times better and I can now see why people where telling me to get it done when I got the car..... Track day next to find her new handling limits haha.

Before:
20150816_165847_zpsdtqaxqys.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

After:
20150817_165012_zpsplmp0sy8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Finally! It looks great on those springs, I bet you're driving like a mental person right now.

I'm incredibly jealous of your shifter, how are you finding it?

Finally! It looks great on those springs, I bet you're driving like a mental person right now.

I'm incredibly jealous of your shifter, how are you finding it?

Yeah driving like I've nicked it haha.

The gear shift has improved a lot, short, tight with a reassuring notch into gears, but I think to finish it off I need to splash out on a skunk2 gear knob.

You still need to get yours on track Jimbo, she's screaming track car with that fresh stripped look. Do It, Do It!!! :smt077 Hat's off to all your work mate, very impressive.

Back