• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Benz 30th Anniversary Type R *246bhp 172lbft*

Finally someone fitted a full piper exhaust system!!!
iv been looking at getting the piper manifold+sports cat for a while but tdi north say they are not very well designed and say your better of with oem.
Think I'm going to go for it, does it drone at all @70mhp?

To be fair they told me that too,but it was already paid for so i decided what the hell and i cant see how OEM could be better especially with the figures I got. As for drone, people can definitely hear me coming but if you get it on the motorway it does have a quite spot at 70mph, not sure if that's by pure chance or design though.

To be fair they told me that too,but it was already paid for so i decided what the hell and i cant see how OEM could be better especially with the figures I got. As for drone, people can definitely hear me coming but if you get it on the motorway it does have a quite spot at 70mph, not sure if that's by pure chance or design though.

Im sure if it wasn't better than a stock manifold, piper wouldn't make them the design is obviously completely different to you normal 4-2-1 but you have proved that there are gains to be had from this part. I was thinking would it not be best to run the piper decat pipe and stick the cat on for mot? I guess the gains from a decat and sports cat are minimal.
nice project by the way I need to start a thread for my nighthawk!

Im sure if it wasn't better than a stock manifold, piper wouldn't make them the design is obviously completely different to you normal 4-2-1 but you have proved that there are gains to be had from this part. I was thinking would it not be best to run the piper decat pipe and stick the cat on for mot? I guess the gains from a decat and sports cat are minimal.
nice project by the way I need to start a thread for my nighthawk!

If you are able to decat I'd go for a different exhaust to be honest. The only reason I went piper was the CAT, I don't have the space to be swapping exhaust parts for MOT's which is why I went down this route. Decat is always going to be better and with no cat you can fit a better header. The piper header is restricted with its sweep angles because of needing to fit the cat in there too. Or that's what I'm told. Decat would of cleared 240bhp.

So 2016 modifications have started, I'm now running all four wheels on 215 Eagle F1's which feels a lot better to drive but that wouldn't be hard because the Falkens where very worn, also my Mugen style spoiler has arrived and will be getting sprayed on Wednesday while I'm at GrinSpeed getting my Gear Box modifications done. :D/

So I was at Grinspeed on Wednesday and it was a fantastic day.... Stevie knows his stuff, customer service was outstanding and plenty of coffee provided. I cant recommend them enough for anyone else wanting work doing, it was well worth the 2 1/2 hour drive :smt023.

The main motivation for this work was a new clutch needed as I was struggling to get into gear at high revs and seen as the gear box was coming out why not have some work done at the same time. I went for a M Factory LSD (of which Stevie knew to change the shims and fit usdm bolts to the drive gear which not all garages would know to do).
I also got an FD2 5.1 Final Drive and a FN2 Fly wheel and drive gear which where actually out of the type r owned by the boss f M Factory, nice to have a bit of history on 2nd hand parts.

The clutch was down to the rivets and it was still the original from when the car was built. Also all gear box bearings replaced and all gears inspected for wear....... the result is fantastic acceleration, epic cornering and the ability to change gear in the vtec.

Few pictures of the work done.....

20160302_085310_zpskny2uycx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20160302_111521_zpsa02pkkww.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20160302_112139_zps1vrhxic8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG-20160302-WA0004_zpsygclzdx2.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_20160302_210313_zpsnycghir7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20160302_120139_zpst7d6jgxn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_20160302_210538_zps9xl0usnz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Also this arrived......

IMG-20160224-WA0002_zpsdj8jmolo.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

currently in the body shop getting sprayed so hopefully will be getting fitted next week.

New Premier calipers fitted this weekend along with Yellow Stuff pads and Hel braided lines.... Ready for track :smt023

[IMG

][/IMG]

So JapFest a week on Sunday.... Track time booked too. I will be on EP/Vtec owners club stand if anyone wants to come and say Hi.....

With that in mind I went on a spending spree...

Mugen front Lip - Fitted and ready for paint on Friday
Spooner Restorations Cam Cover - Fitted
Skunk2 Pro Series Inlet Manifold - Fitted
AEM Fuel Rail - Fitted
15mm Front Wheel Spacers Fitted
Geo Check at Grinspeed Next Week
Remap Next Week
Skunk 2 LCA's Clear - Fitted
JDM Rear ARB - Fitted
Rear ARB Poly Bushes - Fitted

I've had a busy week and I can feel the pain of my Credit Card lol

20160412_170307_zpsu2xej9tk.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20160407_100552_zps7hwzj2hb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Engine Bay Before:
20160411_104815_zpsse7xvrzg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

After:
20160412_151607_zps9vtilxat.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

So Paint this week.... Bumper and bonnet then remap and geo next week and lots of cleaning. Hopefully clear 240bhp but not sure as all dyno tuning ramps are different but whatever the case the main thing is that it will be running right with the new intake before it goes on track.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back