• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Best Battle Yet!!

What an ace day I had today.... :twisted:

Spent the day at North Weald Airfield sprinting.....what a 'titanic battle' me and the Chris in his Astra(my rival for the ACSMC Class win)had.

I had been warned previously that this venue is 'bumpy'. Well on the convoy run at max speed of 40mph it was fine. I set off on my practice run with semi hard suspension and :shock: :shock: OMG :shock: :evil: :shock: It was soon softened off dramatically :lol: :lol:

The track is a real 'cone special', not a nice circular track but one where you head off down a taxi way (which isnt wide enough for 2 cars side by side) then veer right thro 2 'marker cones' across to the left side of the runway, thro another 2 cones. Turn immedaitely right across the run way and thro more cones, so you do a loop and then back on the taxi way!!!!
Down the taxi way to a cone that you hairpin round back up taxi way and do a salom across the runway to the finish.!! :lol: Not for the faint hearted, down the straights under braking and acceleration I could feel the whole car hopping and skipping over the bumps, worse was when you were commmitted in a bend and then you hit a series of bumps which literally moved the car across the track!!!! Scary when your in high 3rd or 4th gear

Well we got 4 timed runs, Chris got the first, I then took half a second of his time, he totally lost it and got completely sideways on run 3. Where as I took a whole second off my previous time!!! :shock: 8) :lol: :lol:

Sacred my self so much with that run, I got out the car and literally collapsed to the floor I was shaking so much with the adrenaline
Unfortunately I got too much tail wag on my last run and Chris just pipped me by .3 of a second :evil:

Both me and Chris did some awesome times today, beating what is usually much quicker opposition in the other classes. For example we went faster than some of the single seaters :shock: :shock:

Also beat one of Abbey M/S clients in his Skyline GTR.

Oh yeah, the Silver MK6 Fiesta that posts 10sec(ish) Santa Pod times was competeing.WOW ...to watch that go off the line , it is a serious bit of kit :twisted:

Results:
2nd in Championship Class
2nd in Class A2
1st Lady Finisher

Jay...

Im not too worried about Chris, chatting to him today,his plans for the next 2 years are to build a BTCC car and compete in the touring car. So if I can be within a second to half a second of a guy whos at a level like that then Im really happy. Especially as its my first year with this car in motorsport and I know I loose about 30bhp, better gearing, lots of weight and experience to this guy and his Astra.

Plus we are both miles ahead of any of the other oppostion 80% of the time :twisted:

Sara.

If you are so close to this guy who has a better car then you will be lethal in another years time.

the potential is in you. :twisted:

good stuff - keep at it!

Jay..

Well Done Sara :smt038

Pity you didn't get a wind today, but sounds like you had fun :twisted:

How are you standing in the Championship in your class?

Paul.Goffin

In answer to your question on how the Championship points table is looking...

There are 101 registered contenders and Im the only lady competitor.

Im in the top 10 overall
Fastest Lady
Currently 2 points behind but I have a round in hand to be Top Novice
2nd in Class to the Astra.

However.........................This may all change as there is a rule which states you have to marshall an event for your points to count. Im the only one in my class that has so far :wink:

Back