• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

best coilovers for road use (dc5)

so what does everyone thing is the best coilovers for road use in uk are?

i have tein type flex coilovers and for me these feel a little to crashy on the roads. Are there any coilovers out there that are softer and handle the bumps of uk roads better?

quick google says 12f 14r which is quite a bit harder than my bc racing which are 8f 10r. The super street are the same rates as the bc racing so I would guess that the tein flex are more track orientated and there are other tein kits more suited to uk roads...The buddyclub N+ are 10f 14r which is a nice setup as the car behaves better on the roads with a stiffer rear end that front. Also you can customise your spring rates with some kits..bc racing and buddyclub included.

MeisterR have recently develop a new suspension for the EP3 / DC5.

The Zeta-R coilovers for the EP3 / DC5 are designed for UK Fast Road usage with enough adjustments for occasional track use.

One of the Unique Feature that the Zeta-R coilovers have is a newly designed arm on the mounting bracket that relocate the track end rod to a lower position.
What this mean is that it will take the stress out of the track rod by bringing its angle closer to the specified specs, thus eliminating the bump steer problem that most EP3 / DC5 owners have when using lowered suspension.

I will have more info and pictures available shortly. :cool:

always wondered why manufacturers didn't do this.

It is a very simple idea... and to be honest, not that difficult.
A very effective solution vs. the need to use inverted track rod end to reposition the track rod angle.

I'll get some pictures up later so you guys can see what the Zeta-R coilovers look like. :cool:

It is a very simple idea... and to be honest, not that difficult.
A very effective solution vs. the need to use inverted track rod end to reposition the track rod angle.

I'll get some pictures up later so you guys can see what the Zeta-R coilovers look like. :cool:

look forward to it. Should have been done a long time ago.:cool:

yer sounds a good idea and i wonder why other companys dont do this.

do you know if i can change the springs on my teins for less harsh ones?

Last edited by a moderator:

You should be able to change the springs on any coilovers, they are normally 2.5" springs which you can buy in various lengths and poundages. Check your coilovers before buying, some use smaller springs like 2.25".

Generally, you can go "+/- 3kg/mm" from the standard damper specification without the need to re-adjust the damper valving.

You need to check the ID (Internal Diameter) of the springs.
MeisterR use 62mm (2.5 inch) ID springs for example. But be careful as some company list their springs as 2.5", but it is actually 65mm.

I can provide MeisterR springs if the TEIN also use 62mm springs.
If you are feeling REALLY rich, then you can also go for Eibach ERS Springs... But I hope you are sitting down as a 4pcs of Eibach ERS springs are very close to £300.

Before you go and change the springs... check the springs on your coilover to make sure they are not pre-loaded.
Alot of garage like to pre-load the springs around 5mm on coilovers to prevent possibility of noise, but this also make the ride stiffer.
If your springs are pre-loaded, then by releasing the pre-load can soften the "feel" of the suspension significantly.

If there are anything I can help, please feel free to let me know. :)

Alright, here is the pictures of the MeisterR Zeta-R Coilovers for the EP3 / DC5.
I will have an offer up shortly on them. :)

If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

EP3coilovers.jpg

EP3TopMount.jpg

EP3arm.jpg

You can see how the "Arm" where the Track End Rod Mount onto is straight instead of the standard V-shape.
This reposition the track rod end to a lower position than standard and therefore will keep the angle of the track rod closer to the standard specification once the car is lowered.

This design take the stress out of the track end rod and also reduce the bump steer issue that many lowered EP3 / DC5 owners face.

Back