• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Best ep3 ride height

As per title, show pics of your lowered ep3s and setup info, I'm looking at eibach pro 15/20mm drop or tein s tecs

Eibach sportlines, -30mm rear and -45mm front.

Honestly, it's as low as I'd want to go on a road car. I have a mild steel b-pipe, because it scrapes on speedbumps and rutted roads. I can no longer used multi-storey carparks or get into Glasgow airport. However, ride height issues aside, an excellent spring that performs very well during spirited driving.

'Best' is a bit subjective, I personally like pretty low cars, not very practical but then neither are high heels and women walk around in them all day and spend £1,000's on them.

I'm on ABP Eibach springs too. I think they're a perfect ride height myself - think they're a bit of a mis match to the standard shocks though, can be a bit crashy but nothing major.

Can't believe how low my exhaust is though now! For only -30mm or whatever they are it's mad how much it affects your ability to negotiate speed bumps and ramps! Coilovers on an ep3, wound down, must be very hard to live with.
Also check out Eibach prolines (black ones), good springs but I think just a 15mm drop - doesn't look much in my opinion but would make life a lot easier.

Main thing to remember though is if you lower past 15mm you will defo need rear camber arms/front bolts - mine felt terrible without them.

I use abp eibachs which I think look and feel great but as Danith said the exhaust hangs very low and will scrape over most speed bumps, there's a few places in southport I dare not go down anymore :lol:

Ah maybe a 30/30 drop isn't for me, I spend a lot of time in high park lol had enough of scraping on speed bumps with my stanced e36 lol

Aye, it all depends on where you live. I don't have many problems around the highlands. Over the summer I went down to northern england and it was a bloody nightmare, I couldn't live with that drop if I lived around there.

i'm having ABP Eibachs put on today, replacing my 15 - 20mm Eibachs, so i'll have them for sale fairly soon if you're interested ;)

I have Tein S-Techs, they lower 20mm rear and 15mm front.

Sits like this:

They've been ideal for me on the road and dont have much bother with speed bumps (even with a 2.5" bpipe)

They even cope pretty well with track use whilst still being comfortable on the road, but I'm going to be selling these soon as its becoming more of a track car and want coilovers :)

Back