• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Best front component speakers that fit straight in

HI All,

Got a few questions re front speakers and a recent install that has gone badly.

I got a bloke in to fit all my new speakers and head unit. I opted for an alpine x305 headunit, infnity kappa 65.9cs components for front and some infinity kappas for the rear. Might upgrade to subs/amps and things soon but not just yet.

Anyway he said the infnity kappa 65.9cs didnt fit the front door at all as they were too deep and couldn't go in.. So he left them, fitted the rear kappas and the headunit and I agreed I would get some other speakers which fitted.

Question1
Would these speakers fit with some additional spacers or something else and is this difficult to do, can I buy spacers that just fit right on there etc? The speakers are supposed to be pretty good...

If its difficult I wont bother and I'll just get some new ones.

Question 2
What is the best component speaker that fits right in without the need for additional spacers etc? My budget would be around the 100-150 mark...

Question 3
After this guy did the install my girlfriend pulled my passenger door closed by the grab handle and it pretty much snapped off.. Its still connected at the top but its cracked right the way round the bottom of the pillar thing that you grab onto.. Does this require a whole new door card or could I just replace this bit?

Cheers guys, as you can tell I know nothing about this sort of stuff!

you only need a 1inch spacer I think to fit your speakers, do a search on here as there are plenty of advise and info from people who have done it before.

Sounds like he forgot to put all the screws back in on reassembly. I use adapter rings on mine with Alpine Type S speakers, in fact the push in adapters that came with the speakers fitted and the ones I bought separately didn't.

Go back to this clown, I think you've fallen foul of dodgy workmanship.

Yes the dodgy workmanship has definitely screwed my door. Its just getting him to buy me a new door card when I've only paid him 45 quid for my rear speaker and HU fitting may prove a bit tricky! Gonna see what he says when he comes to have a look.

Does anyone know what spacers it is I need and where to purchase from? I just can't find anything of use on here using the search.

Would definitely save me some cash if I could use these speakers I have and just get a spacer for them.. If thats all it is I need..

Cheers anyway guys

Last edited by a moderator:
I would go with the DLS components, saves installing the spacers, plus they'll sound alot better compared to the infinity's!

You'll need spacers with any speaker as the shape left when removing the stock speaker isn't round.

Can't believe the nupty couldn't put your door back on right, You should name and shame the guy because he clearly shouldn't be working on peoples cars.

It really "grind my gears":D:D when people like them get away with these things. I get frustrated alot when i quote something to some one on the phone and get a reply "god your expensive, I've been quoted xxx by a mobile fitter and he will come to my house"

Yeah, come to your house and wreck your car for a small amount !!!!

(that was not directed at you what so ever bodman)

Best way to fit fronts is with the use of 1" MDF spacers and the OE Honda tweeter mounts.

The kappa speakers usually have quite a big basket to them making them very awkward to fit.

With ref to the sound, I personally feel there is alot better speakers on the market for the same money.

I've done loads of speakers in ep3's and all of them i've used a 1" spacer on.

Without a doubt the best way to maximise the sound quality from your speakers on them you need to sound deaden the doors.

I'd suggest keeping your speakers and invest in a spacer and a good amount of sound deadening.

Steve

THanks for the advice Steve. I've listed the speakers on ebay now so I'm probably going to get rid of them, they end today..

When you say use MDF spacers are there already spacers you can buy which just fit straight in or do you make them yourself??

Also as the speakers are going today on ebay can you suggest some better ones for around 100-150?? I think I will try and do this myself now to be honest after that little run in! I've noticed as well the top heater control thing on the dash by the stereo isnt working now either!!

I'll get some sound deadening stuff as well..

Cheers

depending completely on what your final budget is i would advise you get some sound deadening to improve the final sound to any of the speakers.

With £100 - £150 to work with i'd suggest the following.

Alpine Type G 6" components - £99
http://www.alpine-electronics.co.uk/products/details/type-g-speakers/spg-17cs.html
SPG_17C2_Alpine_49f9d267dbd26.jpg

I do a deal on sound deadening which gets you 12 sheets, enough to cover both doors for £60 !

These paired together will sound far better than a single set of £150 speaker, for that matter it would sound better than a set of £200 speakers.

To get the best look i'd go for the OE honda tweeter mounts to.

These are dead cheap, simple to install and look the nuts !!!

Below is a pic with the Type G tweeters already installed.
Picture128.jpg

Here is a pic of the door fully sound deadened, Type G sopms fitted using the 1" MDF spacers i make and sell.
Picture140.jpg

Picture144.jpg

Steve

Thanks very much for this steve. I've sold the kappas now so I'm going to get some of the pioneers you recommended and buy some of those OEM speaker mounts for the tweeters..

Where do you get these by the way?

Also how much do you want for the spacers?? I'd be interested in buying some.. Is the sound deadening easy to fit?? And is £60 pretty cheap for it??

I'll PM you my number in a sec..

Cheers

Back