• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Best Honda engine to date

First off sorry if this is in the wrong section couldn't find where to submit this move if you like

Here goes what is the best Honda engine to date for reliability tuning etc I have been doing a lot of research today and seems the k20a is up at the top

Your thoughts

Most Honda engines have their fans and have been tuned. Even D series engines have been turbo'd

I'm just trying to make sure I get right one before buying as had an ep3 nothing but problems unlucky I guess. But fanc another Honda may be a dc5 this time around

Go have a look at it if it's close. I've been to see plenty that look fine in adverts that are in fact dogs. There's something about that advert that puts me off it though, but I could be totally wrong.

Thanks for the feedback what is putting you off. Need some help as last one I bought looked amazing until you drove it for an hour and steering rack went and others feedback would be helpful

The b18 is the most charecterfull IMO the vtec crossover is immense.

But as said the best all round will be the k20

B16 = EK9
B18 = DC2

B16A/2 was from the EF to the EK
B16B was EK9 only and was pretty much a de-stroked B18c integra engine
B18c/5 was integra type r
B18c4 was the civic 4dr and aerodeck
B20 was CRV i think.....

I had a b16b in my eg, was a screamer of a power plant!!!

I know mate but I was talking about the VTEC crossover sound. :rolleyes:

They aren't that different as said mate I just prefer the b18 because you have THE sound and the power aswell lol
Always found the b16 to be a little bit gutless and not that easy to keep in the vtec because the gear ratios on the ek9 are terrible

The b16b in theory should sound most aggressive out of all the B`series it had the highest compression and the wildest cams as standard, along with a port and polish from the factory....

Best Honda engine to date is this....

685978.jpg

There are some of these 40 years old, with half a million miles on them.

I know what I dont like about it.

Mugen Front Grill With Mugen Door Sill Covers... rear 6x9 Fusion Speakers...The Mileage Is 108k

Mugen grill will likely be fake so not a selling point worthy of being in sale title, and WTF are mugen door sill covers? fusion speakers are a but halfrauds. Seems high price for high mileage and 2003.

I say walk and look elsewhere. There are straight EP3s out there if you look and it's a buyers market for them right now.
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I know what I dont like about it.

Mugen Front Grill With Mugen Door Sill Covers... rear 6x9 Fusion Speakers...The Mileage Is 108k

Mugen grill will likely be fake so not a selling point worthy of being in sale title, and WTF are mugen door sill covers? fusion speakers are a but halfrauds. Seems high price for high mileage and 2003.

I say walk and look elsewhere. There are straight EP3s out there if you look and it's a buyers market for them right now.
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Thanks for that I've got my eye on a dc2 seems mint mileage 98k *** but it's fine will prob rebuild it any way

Back