• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Best Intake with good performance, low noise and stock look

I did some research here and the most popular choices are AEM for noise and price, and Gruppe M/Tewiga copy for maximum performance.

However', I'm looking for an intake with low noise, close to OEM look but with greater performance:
- Standard Box with Hondata Mod and K&N filter: +Stock look, +low noise +cheap, -poor performance
- Mugen: +Stock look, + low noise, -expensive, -medium performance
- ITG maxogen: +low noise, +good performance ,-expensive

Are more options available? If not, my choice should be ITG maxogen.

Thanks!

Hondata mod isn't poor performance mate, not sure where you get that. The stock box is a very good design, testament to that is the fact that 80% of aftermarket intakes lose power over it. :lol:

Maybe he means performance "increase". To which I agree, it's a waste of sodding time.

ITG doesn't look stock...

Why does it have to look stock?

"The Hondata airboxmod is considered the cheapest, and perhaps the most worthless type of air intake. People who want to run a stock car, yet feel the need for some free 'punch', might consider this 'free' mod. Gains are minimal, claimed up to 3BHP, denied by many."

Can I get with Hondata mod + K&N Filter good results as with Mugen/ITG Maxogen? Which intake do you recommend according to my needs? Thanks!

ITG doesn't look stock but it is quiet. However it is more stockish than Gruppe M.

90% of people slate the Mugen for not performing. But 89.9% of those people are just sheep, repeating what they have seen other people say on forums.

Get the Mugen :)

Hondata airbox mod for me, mainly because it's free.

James - I thought it performed well, I seem to remember a thread where a member tested it on a RR (I'll try and find it), you've obviously heard/seen otherwise mind :lol: .

Hondata airbox mod for me, mainly because it's free.

James - I thought it performed well, I seem to remember a thread where a member tested it on a RR (I'll try and find it), you've obviously heard/seen otherwise mind :lol: .

:lol:

Like a mug, did it myself back in the day.

All I got out of it, was plastic shavings, cuts, blood and swearing. Certainly no extra power.

Mugen airbox is so expensive. ITG Maxogen should offer similar results for a better price. How does Hondata mod + K&N filter compare to ITG?

i have had the mugen, pretty much the same as the standard air box, not a lot more noise, hardly any to be honest, looks stock (ish) and feels a little more responsive. Best i have got to offer in the way of an opinion lol

I think that to be honest unless your willing to spend some money, your better off using the oem box with a hondata drop in and just basically chuck away £50 a month and save for a gruppe m. Your not really going to get any good gains unless you spend the money, so might aswell do something cheap for now until you can afford / want to do something better. I for example bought a second hand AEM V2 for £75, and ive been sticking away money for a gruppe m!

anyhow good luck with it broski let us know how you get on

Back