• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Best mods for my car

Ive got a standard EP3 type r apart from ive got my ecu reflashed by cpl racing.

I wonderd what is the best mod like manifold etc to get to get the most power i know i will need the car all retuned to whatever i get but just really after peoples opinion.

I only got the reflash cause i could send the ecu away and nowhere in scotland for kpro or k100.

If you're after 240-245ish (Stage 1 as they say) you would need, inlet manifold, intake, 4 branch mani with decat a good exhaust and a good tuner. :)

Well i was speaking to tdi north there a bit clooser than cpl racing. I didnt really want a loud exaust, i know the manifold etc will make it louder.

I was going to go for standard backbox and spoon bpipe the rest i dont have a clue lol.

GruppeM intake or the copy TegM, Skunk2 or the cheaper RBC inlet manifold, DC sports manifold with de-cat.

DC sports, Spoon mid pipe and N1 isn't that loud, but that just me. :D

Once you have done that TDI have started doing cams, I think someone reviewed then on here a few months ago. just had a quick search but could not find it. I'm sure someone will link it soon!

Once you have done that TDI have started doing cams, I think someone reviewed then on here a few months ago. just had a quick search but could not find it. I'm sure someone will link it soon!

The cams are the bollox for ££ per bhp. Well worth the outlay for the NA purist.

⚡THE BITCH⚡

Forgot I had this thread. anyway wee update.

Was down tdi north lastmonth ended up with

dc5 cams
RBC
Japspeed 4 2 1
Spoon bpipe
AEM cai
kpro

Got 245.5bhp which am happy with that, while I was down at tdi decided to go to old Trafford for the stadium tour impressive stuff.

Back to the car other mods I have.

Tints,
climair wind deflectors,
js racing front strut,
scan gauge 2,
Alpine media centre and white dash done by spooner,
OEM wheels black,
Alpine amp with alpine6x9 speakers,
Rear window wiper delete,
Facelift headlights with Philips bluevision bulbs,
Rickhonda's footwell led kit in white,
Black rocker cover done by spooner,

Just had a full service with coolant changed and transmission oil aswell and a nice new battery aswell and just got the brake pads all renewed. I also have a blue earthing kit to be fitted.

Planned mods: FRSU and hel brake lines that is about it.

Here's some pictures but I will need to get better ones and I will update them.

[

Last edited by a moderator:
I paid 250 i think for 2nd hand ones. Just need to keep eye on them or pay that little bit extra for the skunk stage 1 cams.

Back