• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Best oil to use

As the vtec engine can use alot of oil is there a brand that is best to use has anyone found or they all pretty much the same. I'm using castrol edge at the moment

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Any fully synthetic oil will be fine. 5w-40 tends to be the grade to go for to prevent high oil usage.

Any fully synthetic oil will be fine. 5w-40 tends to be the grade to go for to prevent high oil usage.

Any particular brand? Had nine serviced when i bought the car but for peace of mind in tempted to get it drained and topped up with a leading brand if that makes any difference? Also looking at getting the brake fluid drained and filled using a decent oil

I used to use Fuchs Titan Pro S, some people use Shell Helix. It's whatever you prefer really, as long as it is fully synthetic.

Hi guys. Just checked my service book from where i bought my fn2 and they put 5w 30 in there. Is that okay?

Or is it worth getting it drained and using 5w 40 instead?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's thin so could burn off quicker if you drive it enthusiastically.

It's not worth swapping it out though as it will be absolutely fine. Just keep an eye on the levels.

Cheers Loxy, the dealer used Morris 5w 30 oil. Can i top up with any oil as long is it's the same spec or should the same brand be used?

As long as it is the same spec and grade it will be fine, though that being said same brand takes the guess work out of it.

Cheers mate, will just buy a bottle from the dealer when i pick my car up later re the steering issue. Apparantly something to do with the coils? They ordered the parts from honda so at least they didn't just grease it and fob me off

Back