• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

best petrol ??

Normal is fine if you're unmodified.

Change to super if you have it mapped. May gain a little.

so v-power on a std car is a waste of money???

Not necessarily, it does have cleaning agents in it so its good for your engine ( thats why I use it) some people say it makes there car run better with more mpg sharper throttle response and so on. Personaly I never noticed much difference at all.
However if you go down the route of getting your car remapped you can say to your tuner you would like it mapped to v power as it has a higher octane they can squeeze a few more bhp out of it but it is optional and a map on normal fuel will still be good:)

Use super, manual tells you thats what you should be using. By EU regs they must run on 95 but should be run on higher. Shell makes the best.

+1 on the shell v-power as said no real performance gains on a standard n/a car but slightly better response and a cleaner fuel delivery system. So in my eyes it is worth the extra few pence..

We are using Tesco 99 Momentum only or V-Power,we have good experience with those fuels,we are tried only once BP Ultimate and car has run like bags of nails,I wouldn't put to any performance car 95RON fuel or 97RON,if yes only 97RON with Octane booster

Thanks,Jura

Hi is regular unleaded shell ok or does it have to be v power..? Plus does anyone use redex injector cleaner?

Hi is regular unleaded shell ok or does it have to be v power..? Plus does anyone use redex injector cleaner?

Hi there

If car is not tuned or mapped then I would say,you should be OK to run regular unleaded fuel,but I would still run Shell V-Power or Tesco Momentum T99,you will loose if you will be running 95RON,if you want to run 95RON then I would add Octane Booster to it

Redex injector cleaner I never used,but if you will be running better fuel as Tesco Momentum 99 or V-Power they already have cleaning detergents similar to the Redex

Thanks,Jura

Back