• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Best place to get a new standard catback exhuast

both my midpipe and back box are in need of replacement and I would like to replace them for stock items for insurance reasons. After ideas of where to get a good price on both sections. There seem to be some on ebay for circa £120 the pair but unsure on the quality, was wondering if there is somewhere that stocks a decent replica.

cheers

Going back to last year. Honda main dealer quoted me £250 for the back section, then the same again for the non fixed part off the back box. " O/s tail pipe." That's with out the mid section. Ended up purchasing off Ebay. Parts came for £90 and although used were fit for purpose. No problems

had a look on bay but worried most of them look a similar age to what I'm replacing (04 plate car) the replica one seem to be made by Euroflo. No idea if they are any good though.

I'm contemplating a new system too but a performance one.
Most decent aftermarket systems have a 2.5" pipe diameter and then of course you choose how quiet you want it with the B pipe (centre section) and back box.
Also looking at a Piper Manifold with Sports cat but when you add it all up for new parts, new high performance air filter, K100 Hondata tuning and a remap it's like £2k+ which is insane money.

Then I think, should I just keep it all standard. Sell the car next year and buy the Audi TT I keep looking at?

If you are after standard parts it is likely that ebay will come up with a decent enough OEM fit B pipe and back bock. You can buy stainless steel OEM look parts.

I agree. Insane money for the increase you get. I went that way on my fn2. Air box, piper mani,sports cat, tegiwa cat back, flashpro and tune. Large dent in the pocket lol. However if you are a type r fan it does make a much better drive. Especially now the vtec crossover has come down.
oh about the piper sports cat. failed emissions test on mot. Even after all tuned up. Found a friendly mot guy though so all good.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's not good on the emissions failing. I wonder if the ep3 fairs better than the FN2 when it comes to an MOT and emissions.
Any other ep3 Piper Manifold/sports cat owners?

According to Honda and my friendly Mot guy it didn't just fail either. Miles over. I have heard other people that have had no problems though. Pot luck I guess

Did you have it mapped out or use the bypass sensor?
I'm thinking if I got a K100, the piper manifold/sports cat and a decent flowing but quiet cat back with a custom air intake I could get about 230bhp after a map. That's not too shabby for a light car.

I had a sensor put in at first, then tried mapping it out. My fn2 is running a similar set up with a quiet cat back. It got me to 235bhp but that was after having the balance shaft delete kit done.

I had an ep3 but didn't do a lot with it in terms of tuning. If you don't get much advice off forum members try private messaging Loxy. He always replies and seems to be proper clued up on all modding. He's helped me loads over the last couple of years.

Back