• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Best polish/wax to use on a black car

Hi everybody,i was just wondering what other people use for black cars.I've been using Meguirs gold class polish and it tends to leave streaks,i dont like to polish the surface of the car to hard as the black paintwork scratches really easily.
Also any suggestions on polishing clothes and before and after preparation.
Thanks.

I used the Meguiars Deep Crystal System over last weekend. It's 3 stage process. Stage 1 is paint cleaner (removes minor scratches and swirls), stage 2 is polish and 3 is carnuba wax. I use foam pads, mircofibre clothes and terry towels. I also clayed the car before stage 1.

It came up beautiful! No swirls, just silky NHB paint. Its looking the nuts!

It might seem a bit pricy, but it works out cheaper in the long run. Plus you have the satisfaction of knowing that you did it.

Hope this helps.

PM AndyH. He should be able to give you some decent info. He used Dodo Juice purple haze on mine and it came up lovely. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for.

Thin coats of wax FTW apparently.

Dodo Wax is great stuff,

borrowed a bit of Dynax's Purple Haze, very impressed!

might have to order a pot and some of this lime prime :)

Thanks for the replys everyone,looks like i'll have to go up market for my car care products ,but as the old saying goes you only get what you pay for.

I found a box of that Dodo stuff of various kinds in the office so I have take the purple tub home to give it a try if it is nice this weekend.

Its awesome G!!!

I've just spent £40 on some Auto Gylm high def wax, brand new out. Cant wait to try it

I did have Zymol Creme on mine but recently ditched it for Dodo Supernatural, you really do need to prep the paint 1st so the wax has somthing to adhere to.

method I would use would be

Rinse
Wash (2 bucket method)
Clay
Rinse again
Dry
Polish - If you are doing this by hand then you can't beat Auto Gly Super resin polish
Cleanse - this has already been mentioned above Lime Prime, sonus paint cleanser or megs No1
Wax or LSP I have Dodo supernatural on my Lexus and Dodo Purple Haze on my Astra.

Back