• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

best race headers??

What are everyone's opinions on the best headers available For the ep3 this is not including the toda as I don't have that sort of budget ! Also what other parts would be needed with the relevant header ie jdm front anti roll bar or engine mounts / inserts ?? Thankyou very much

I was going to say Toda then I read your post properly haha.

I have heard the Piper one is supposed to make good power but isnt the best looking part (not that you can see much of it anyway) I am running a Japspeed one and to be honest I can not fault it so far, I didnt need a JDM ARB with it and it made almost 10bhp when mapped and thats with a 400cel cat in the system.

TDI North supply and install them for a very competitive price too.

Yeah I've heard of japspeed fairly cheap aswell ain't they.I would only get a toda if one came up on eBay second hand, I'm not sure if I should keep a cat or not I guess it saves hassle at m.o.t time but it surely will hold some power back.

Its worth keeping a look out for a second hand Toda they do come up now and again and are regarded as the best, I think Tegiwa's version is a copy of the Toda design so may be worth a look if you wanted a new item.

You will definitely make a bit more power with running full de-cat (once properly mapped of course) but a sports cat can be a good compromise, I had mine tested the other day for peace of mind, it ever so slightly missed out on the CO2 limit but the system was cold and the tester said it will go through without any problems when the MOT is up in November.
The options you could look at are the Piper Manifold and matching sports cat or having a cat kit welded into your b pipe.

Let us know what you decide :)

Thanks mate I will take a look at the tegiwa ;-) as I have the teg induction and it's an awesome copy of the gruppe m !

is the cat joined to the manifold on the standard manifold? or isit just bolt on.I've seen decat pipes going for very cheap

You can buy the sport cat or test pipe options for the piper. I had both and just swapped the cat in for the MOT.

If I am going to change my manifold it will be a decat no sports cat as that is just restricting it , my mods so far are tegiwa carbon fibre induction (replica of gruppe m) supersprint unsilenced b pipe. Next mods to buy tegiwa header (rep of the toda :)) then a k100 remap . How much power do you think I'll make ? Is it really worth getting à rbc intake manifold aswell or not ? Thanks

Was just wondering if anyone is running that ser up on here and wanted to know there power gains I might also incorporate a spoon n1 back box as they sound so nice

Was just wondering if anyone is running that ser up on here and wanted to know there power gains I might also incorporate a spoon n1 back box as they sound so nice

Beware if you are planning on doing track days as the Spoon does sound nice BUT it's also mega loud.

I personally haven't owned one mate but from what I have read I will pop you some ear plugs in the post ;)

Not to put you off though its a great quality item

Back