• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Best Sat Nav out there??

What do you think is the best Sat Nav out there on a budget of £120-£200??

I'm looking for one with a decent colour screen that show's congestion and speed camera location's & any other worthwhile features rather than just gimmick's. If it worked in Europe that would also be cool as I may be planning a trip to the Nurburgring at some stage in the future.

Any help welcome as I don't have a lot of experience with these new gizmo's.

Tom Tom 500, I think its about £230 now :smt023

(You have to subscribe for traffic info)

i bought a tomtom one about a month ago

been nothing but bother

crashes nearly everytime i use it so reset it then wait for it to find a signal

just returned it to curry's today, but instead of a refund they have sent it to be repaired

i bought a tomtom one about a month ago

been nothing but bother

crashes nearly everytime i use it so reset it then wait for it to find a signal

just returned it to curry's today, but instead of a refund they have sent it to be repaired

Thats the first problem I've heard with a TomTom.

I would certainly recommend TomTom. My Dad bought the cheap Garmin model but returned it within 2 days, and changed it for a TomTom.

i bought it on recommendation of friends so hopefully after its been repaired it lives upto the hype

I have the TomTom One with the Europe map, no problems so far in the UK will have to wait and see what its like in Europe in the summer on the HET.

Garmin have quite a good repuatation (easier to use for downloading updates etc). I think they are slightly cheaper then Tom Tom. Though Tom Tom dominate the market.

Had a TTG 300, and now a TomTom One V2 (new shape), and had no problems with either.

The new One locks onto the satellites pretty quickly. The only downside is the 2 hours battery life compared to the 5 hours on the TTG 300

I work for Navman and there just as good as any other brand take a look at the N40i www.navmanstores.com - if youve got ANY questions let me know!! Plus im sure i can sort out somkinda of freebee or discount as were all on here - im you know wot i mean.....:smt047

I'm after one now. Want speed camara's, congestion and europe. What's considered the best now?

Captain Redbeard, get your self logged in to www.pocketgpsworld.com there you will find a whole load of people who can help you on this im sure. If it was a Navman i could help but i dont know much abt :smt071 Tom Tom:smt072 to comment. Sorry - hope the link helps!!!!

DON't BUY A GARMIN! !

Like an idiot I bought one last year, after using TomTom on an XDA 2i with a bluetooth GPS receiver. The BT side of thing got on my nerves, as it was draining the battery of the PDA. I used the software Destinator too, which was very good.

So last year I decided to treat myself, and after reading all the reviews I got a GARMIN NUVI 360.
It is very very slow. The display is awful. It always takes you through the worst roads, and the TMC is a freaking joke.

You cannot upload itinerary files to it as soon as you buy it ; you actually need to buy a Garmin mapping software to do that ... :rolleyes: :evil:

so that's what not too buy i my opinion
Garmin nuvi 360

Last edited by a moderator:
I was quite impressed when I saw this one

sony-nv-u93t-gps.jpg

It showed McDonalds as POI's with proper golden arches :)

Its nice to see some of our competitors are not as good as some customer say...well if any whats discount on a Navman....let me know....

The thing with the golden aches for Mcd's can be done on any satnav!! lol - i just had to add that!!

:D

Back