• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

best springs for ep3

looking to lower my ep3,anyone got some reccomendations on some lowering springs?

or is coilovers a better option,for the money?

bruce :)

IMO i don't see the point in coilovers unless you intend to track. If its just round use a nice set of eibach/abp springs are good.

Eibach / Spoon / Tein tbh... all roughly lower the same and IIRC they are all progressive!

Anymore feedback or opinions on the eibachs ruining ride comfort?

Do they make it so low that you have to crawl over speed bumps etc?

Bad experience with the last car. Lowered on stiff gas shocks, was so painful to go anywhere. Difficult over bumps also and near curbs.

Ride quality with Eibachs is good. Most speedbumps are fine if you take it easy.

Another vote for Eibachs and FRSU.

Had this on my EP3. Couldn't notice any difference in comfort. Our country doesn't seem to agree with coilovers

Hello guys,

some quick questions here.

1)
anyone has a sideview picture of eibach pro kit fitted?
The front-20, rear-15 ones
I've been looking on the net and found a pic here and there of a lowered ep3, but unsure if it were the -20/-15 ones.

2)
anyone has a clue if the ABP/Eibach springs come with a TÜV certificate? The Eibachs do come with this, but I'd like to know if those special ones come with TUV, I mailed them about it but seems they didn't bother to answer it, guess they didn't care...
Anyone happens to know if it comes with this piece of paper, it's needed for MOT here in Belgium, to avoid the chavs with their plastic toy cars to cut their springs or put cheap -1000mm springs on.

3) anyone has a car picture on -30mm?
Again, I tried looking for it, but search gives me like 600 threads, all with 10's of pages and I don't have a clue where to start :s

Help is appreciated here :)
Thanks!

EDIT: Never mind question 3, found one

Last edited by a moderator:
ABP Eibachs:

IMG_0363.jpg

IMG_0367.jpg

These were taken a days after fitting. Settled a touch lower than this. Looks good and doesn't spoil the ride too much although you do notice that you're on harder springs.

It says that that Cosmic had the ABP Eibach's fitted which IIRC lowers roughly 30mm. There should be loads of threads regarding ABP Eibach springs ;)

No problem dude, you can't go wrong with either the Eibach Pro kit or Sportline/ABP kit it just depends on the drop you are looking for really.

Back