• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Best Summer Tyres (non Semi Slicks!)

SiKBoY said:
I highly recommend Parada Spec 2's the size is 215 40 thou.

I am also very happy with the T1R's on the 888 although now the pace is being picked up the rear seems a bit flexy.
Having said that they are 235 40 18's, I think Toyo's are probably a better wet tyre but I doubt that would make a difference really because I cant see anyone caning it in the wet anyway.

When I need a new set on the 888 I will probably be looking at lowering the profile and maybe choosing Paradas for the Summer.

The 888 runs alot of rubber man!

Nick, have you ever tried the Yokohama AVS sport. I think sikboy might have the same problem as me because the Parada's dont come any wider than 225 at the moment :?

Wondering if the AVS were any good??

J7 said:
Nick, have you ever tried the Yokohama AVS sport. I think sikboy might have the same problem as me because the Parada's dont come any wider than 225 at the moment :?

Oh Bollocks

J7 said:

I haven't tried the AVS before man, but IIRC good dry grip, so so wet grip, i know alot of the D1 cars run them and they tend to run pretty grippy rubber but apart from that i don't have alot to offer on them?

I had the Yoko AVS on my 18 X 8's prior to putting the slicks on them, and the 215/40 17 paradas gave more grip. I know you did not want semi slicks, you can get a set of R888 for £380 at present

Parada spec 2 are great! Thanks to hasnic for the recommendation.
I personally cant wait for the roads to clear up and have some fun :twisted:

some other brands to try?

they all should be good in the dry

Yokohama ADVAN A046
BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW
Yokohama ADVAN A043
Bridgestone Potenza RE070
BFGoodrich g-Force Sport
Bridgestone Expedia S-01
BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW
Yokohama Parada Spec-2
Bridgestone Potenza RE750

CTR_Paul said:
Any idea where I can get Advan's, that won't kill me in the wet, in the UK?

There aren't many advans available in the UK man through Yokohama, there is the Advan sport, A048 which is their most used normal car semi-slick. There is also the A032 again a type of semi slick.

The neova i run is Lotus spec tyre and comes in limited sizes.

The Parada Spec 2 is effectively an Advan type tyre just i think it was so called as the Advan range wasn't officially launched over here untill quite recently!

The Evo IX I was looking at at the Mitsi dealer (FQ320) was running Advans (not sure what model tyre). Maybe Mitsubushi know where to get them!

I think they are the A046 but again it's getting the different sizes that proves a problem but it's worth a go certainly!

Have decided to go with the Yoko Parada's after much deliberation. £75 a corner from ABP, having all four done, even though the P-Zero's aren't looking too shabby on the back. 215/40/17's here I come :twisted:

what tyre pressures does evey one run while haveing standard rims but usuing 215 40 17 ? or do they leave them the same?

VtecRob said:
what tyre pressures does evey one run while haveing standard rims but usuing 215 40 17 ? or do they leave them the same?

Likewise, those with 215/40/17's I'd be interested to hear what pressures you run. I have a feeling that my pressures are fairly high by the way my car now turns in on damp surfaces.

To quote my mate when he saw the Parada's...."WTF are those! They look like cut slicks or something" :lol: I guess they do have the look of an 'Inter' about them.

The responsiveness has risen no end with the Paradas over the P-Zero's. However, in the wet (as it was yesterday) I think the P-Zero's are superior. This could be that I've only done about 180 miles on the Parada's and they still require scrubbing in a little, but the steering feels much lighter with them on. So I guess the pressures might need tweeking slightly, I generally ran IRO 30psi all round with the P-Zeros which gave plenty of traction on damp cornering.

CTR_Paul said:
I'd be interested to hear what pressures you run..

ive only got the back two till the front pots die but im running at 32psi all round and it feels better

Back