• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Best tyres for stance on FN2 Type R.

I need to get a set of tyres for the OEM FN2 type R rims.

The standard size on them is 215 x 40 x 18.

What would be a good size to go for to have a bit of stretch on them?
Would love to hear your opinions on this.

Leave the OEM size on.

It looks stupid and it's dangerous.

You recon?
Not a fan of stance?

In essence i might be forced to stretch the tyres to get them to fit under the arches. Reason being that the brakes have been upgraded which are fatter than stock ones. So i have to use a spacer.

You don't have to stretch tyres to get them to sit under the arch bud.
You could use a little camber instead.

How big was the spacer?

I think done properly, stance (bleugh) can look good. But stretched tyres for the sake of it isn't cool

I need to check when the rims that are on the car now come off. But I think its a 10mm spacer for the discs. But i need to double check. Basically the rims that are on now are identical except that they 17's. They sit flush with the body.

I had OEM alloys with 15mm spacers to clear the Stoptech BBK. 1.5 degree of camber was fine when dropped 15mm on Eibach Progressive springs.

It didn't catch the arches. Liners on the front every now and then but not after I put fresh springs and shocks on, but never the arches.

I had OEM alloys with 15mm spacers to clear the Stoptech BBK. 1.5 degree of camber was fine when dropped 15mm on Eibach Progressive springs.

It didn't catch the arches. Liners on the front every now and then but not after I put fresh springs and shocks on, but never the arches.

Ok. Sounds good.
Basically just get some camber bolts?

You'll have to try it, it probably will be. Is it lowered at all?

I need to get a set of tyres for the OEM FN2 type R rims.

The standard size on them is 215 x 40 x 18.

What would be a good size to go for to have a bit of stretch on them?
Would love to hear your opinions on this.

STANDARD SIZE IS 225/40/18

Back