• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

best ways to keep the MPG up?

:lol: @ fuel economy.

Assuming you get 27mpg over 300 miles, petrol cost of 133p = £67.18
You drive like a faggot, ductape all surfaces smooth, etc get a unprecedented 33mpg fuel cost for 300 miles is now £54.97

Saving £12.21

Is it really worth that much to you? Or better to just enjoy the car you bought.

:lol: @ fuel economy.

Assuming you get 27mpg over 300 miles, petrol cost of 133p = £67.18
You drive like a faggot, ductape all surfaces smooth, etc get a unprecedented 33mpg fuel cost for 300 miles is now £54.97

Saving £12.21

Is it really worth that much to you? Or better to just enjoy the car you bought.

My only thought was, if you're worrying about how much fuel the car is costing then buy another car.

My mileage varies from about 256 to 295 from a full tank. But thats with mixed style driving..

Damn you Fools and your making perfect sense!!!
I'm currently torn between keeping the DC5 for another 2 years, splashing out on a re-spray, re-furb for the front seats, K100, the 100,000mile service that is looming and a few other things that I would like to make it perfect or selling it and treating myself to an Alpina D3 which has near enough the same power but will average 50mpg!

I'm currently torn between keeping the DC5 for another 2 years, splashing out on a re-spray, re-furb for the front seats, K100, the 100,000mile service that is looming and a few other things that I would like to make it perfect or selling it and treating myself to an Alpina D3 which has near enough the same power but will average 50mpg!

Keep the Teg Phil

In fact, go out and buy a pack of Naga chilli and the next time you think about selling eat one :lol:

Don't mention Naga chilli, I'm having flashbacks!

If I keep it its going for a re-spray while I am away the first half of this year, get rid of all those stone chips on the bonnet!

You'll get better mpg with K100.

If I brim mine I will normally get around 350 miles before the light will come on.

You'll get better mpg with K100.

If I brim mine I will normally get around 350 miles before the light will come on.

That's pretty good, my light normally comes on around 300 at the moment. Is that about what your's was like before?

Back