• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Bhp gains but not too loud?

I was looking to get a hks hi-flow cat back and was wondering if anyone has it? (silly question its seams quite popular) im looking for something thats not too loud but still can be when going for it, but also looking for best bhp gains without spending a small fortune, any recomendations is it the one to go for or is there something better out there? Also any advice on a new manifold and decat would aslo be appreciated

Tegiwa cat back might be a good option for you.
Sub £500, quiet around town then much louder on WOT

Based on the Fujitsubu RM01A system I believe

If your changing manifold and running decat it will get a lot louder but above is a good catback for low noise levels.
My friend had dc manifold and catback on his DC5 and it was really loud, he had a custom silencer fitted to bring noise levels down, but it is still loud.

Yeah i did have the dc cat back and it was too loud but i guess it dosent bother some people. I sold it onto a friend and im now looking for something a bit more quite and raspy, i love the spund of a spoon n1 but i hate the look of the backbox its just too small

Spoon is great for the raspy sound but again it's a loud system. Some change the b pipe (iirc unsilenced) and keep the standard back box this is supposed to give that raspy sound but keep noise levels down, might be worth a look.

Cheers for the advice mate i think im just going to for the tegiwa cat back system and a dc manifold seams like a nice alround set-up

I used japspeed 4 2 1. Spoon bpipe and standard backbox and it wasn't loud. Nice and raspy when foot was down but no drone etc when normal driving.

Made some good gains with other mods aswell though.

I had the hi power on my last ep3, it's quieter than most other systems, being low and burbley rather than loud and hi pitched like buddyclub, +tip is angled

piper catback is quiet and good bhp gain and cheap. i was advised piper over hks, although i love the look of the hks, the piper has a larger pipe diameter.

I'm also thinking the same thing, I'd like some performance gains (once mapped in the future) but I'd like to avoid that horrible drone you end up with on a long run! Plus I'm starting to get into track sessions so would need to be quiet enough to pass the sound tests :)

My thoughts are something like the Tegiwa manifold and decat, which I understand will make it louder, then some sort of custom made cat back with decent silencers? Unless there's an off the shelf one that will do the job like Tegiwa's own again?

A mega money option is the Mugen twinloop! But no idea how that would affect the potential power a map could give.

Back