• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

BHP Gains

Hobbes

Walking Stiffy
Whats your guestimates for BHP gains with a BMC and an N1 Backbox on?

I'm estimating around 10BHP seeing as the BMC is billed as a 8-10HP gain.

Any thoughts?

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Probably in excess of 250bhp, maybe 300bhp. Should be close to 500 bhp whatever.

Tec said:
Probably in excess of 250bhp, maybe 300bhp. Should be close to 500 bhp whatever.

</sarcam> perhaps?

LOL!

BTW Tec me old china.............. Hows Palace getting on in the Championship? Whats that you say? Not very well?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :wink:

We're just coming into form......just outside the top six now and ready to carry on through.....

Sarcasm? What's that?

Hobbes said:

Any thoughts?

Backbox won't give you 'owt on it's own, apart from less weight so therefore you benefit from a marginally better power/weight ratio.

I would not expect to see as much as BMC claim either, go for an AEM if you can afford it.

I hear you boys I hear you.

I would have though however that the back box would have given at least 1-3 BHP? I know its minimal.....

Apparently T&G race their DC-5;s on BMC's and wouldn't recommend any other 8)

Oh and Plus Dobber is selling me his, so its like £200 vrs like £80 or something like that.

8)

Hobbes said:
I hear you boys I hear you.

I would have though however that the back box would have given at least 1-3 BHP? I know its minimal.....

Apparently T&G race their DC-5;s on BMC's and wouldn't recommend any other 8)

Oh and Plus Dobber is selling me his, so its like £200 vrs like £80 or something like that.

8)

The back box isn't a restrictive part of the car, it will give you 0-1hp.

Yeah its the mid section that brings the gains (bit between the backbox and the cat). Ditching the cat and getting a race manifold also brings nice gains.

I wouldn't argue the toss over a few BHP. It's the difference between a good engine and bad Friday afternoon engine.

Besides, BHP sells engines, Torque wins races :wink:

Tec said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Funny!

Anyway on the subject if you increase bhp by say 10 is it advisable to look at the handling too? Springs...springs to mind :D

Cat said:
Tec said:

Funny!

Anyway on the subject if you increase bhp by say 10 is it advisable to look at the handling too? Springs...springs to mind :D

Handling is more important than power, but getting an extra 10hp isn't going to suddenly make the car handle like poo either.

HASNIC said:
Cat said:
Tec said:

Funny!

Handling is more important than power, but getting an extra 10hp isn't going to suddenly make the car handle like poo either.

I totally agree with Nick.

evilowl said:
Hobbes said:

Any thoughts?

Backbox won't give you 'owt on it's own, apart from less weight so therefore you benefit from a marginally better power/weight ratio.

I would not expect to see as much as BMC claim either, go for an AEM if you can afford it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Exactly what he says.

Backbox does bugger all if you still have original manifold and b-pipe. Your better off just changing the b-pipe and leaving the std backbox on.

BMC is rubbish.
TDi had a car on the dyno, binned the BMC for a long ram AEM and it instantly made another 10bhp and loads more torque.

Back