• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

bhp question??? please share your knowledge

Hi guys
Just wanted to post a question does anyone know how to calculate bhp from the wheels to the flywheel? Or flywheel to wheel?

Any ideas on the formula that's used would be great as I'm taking my car to cpl racing next week to get a performance manifold and sports cat fitted to my nur spec exhaust an having my ctr tuned with the k100 I have an itg replacement filter fitted in the original air box and wanted a formula to calculate figures! :lol:

Also does anyone have any ideas what sort of power they think I will have after?? :cool:

It's widely accepted that the gearbox loses around 18% of power.

Ok thanks Chris do you have any idea what sort of power I should be expecting from all that's done to my car?

Thanks JamesT I reckon I would be happy with that but wasn't sure as some people have done similar mods but not exactly the same brands and they on average are saying they have 230 to 242 bhp at the flywheel

That's right, but your restriction will be the standard airbox and the sports cat.

More easy power to be made if you throw that airbox away and get a cold air intake. The drop in filter will do naff all.

I've recently ordered an Injen from the states, around £175 shipped. Plus some vat when it arrives.

It's really hard to tell, but if you combine it with a dc sports race header, then you're looking at around 240bhp.

Ok cool I will ask them how much to supply an fit 1 when they have it as they can tune it with it on there thanks JamesT for your advise so I will post here to say what I get

Jamest you were bob on with your guess work on bhp its now 175bhp at the wheels which I believe is around 210 at the flywheel

I have to say a massive thankyou to cpl racing for the work they did on my car the power curve on the rolling road print out shows a near perfect power curve which is so obvious in how it drives no dip in power throughout the rev range at all! So anybody thats seriously thinking about getting anything done to there type-R should seriously consider using cpl racing as the service from Lynn in the office and guy that makes dreams come true are second to none and they made me feel so welcome and I couldn't thank them enough for all there hard work and I will definitely be using them again in the future :) :) :)

Jamest you were bob on with your guess work on bhp its now 175bhp at the wheels which I believe is around 210 at the flywheel

I have to say a massive thankyou to cpl racing for the work they did on my car the power curve on the rolling road print out shows a near perfect power curve which is so obvious in how it drives no dip in power throughout the rev range at all! So anybody thats seriously thinking about getting anything done to there type-R should seriously consider using cpl racing as the service from Lynn in the office and guy that makes dreams come true are second to none and they made me feel so welcome and I couldn't thank them enough for all there hard work and I will definitely be using them again in the future :) :) :)

How much did you pay for parts & fitting for all of that with CPL? (if you don't mind me asking) and also did you just wait there whilst they did it?

Hi frankstaH I would quote prices but its difficult as my ecu had been damaged by my local garage when they fitted a 02 simulator incorrectly which had to be diagnosed first! I had a inJen cold air intake supplied and fitted and a piper manifold and sports cat with es mounts a hondata k100 supplied and fitted to another ecu and rolling road tuned! All work could of been done in 1 day but because I had a problem that had to be diagnosed first it had to stay there over night and they gave me contact info for local hotels and guest houses!
Are you planning on getting some work done frankstaH?

Yeah in the near future... i'm looking to lay down a nice intake/decat and get it mapped to a k100... atm i have a 2.5" b-pipe and i'm probably looking to keep OEM backbox. So obviously i just need a good intake mani / decat/sports cat so that i can map it to my k10 at the same time if that makes sense?

I will have a gruppe m at this point also

Yeah that makes total sense piper is a good manifold which is not too expensive with a sports cat supplied and fitted is about £700 which will keep the car road legal but a decat is better for power but you will need the cat for mot time and if in the unlucky situation the boys in blue stop you they can do a roadside emissions test or take you to a local mot station and request them to do one! All be it not very likely it could still happen :(
The k100 would cost around £850 supplied and fitted and rolling road tuned which again I think is a good price and really needs to be done to get the most out of the parts fitted to the car the rbc is a great choice of intake manifold and I've seen them for sale on ebay but also there is the skunk2 intake for around £500 mark from HOND-R.com
Gruppe m air intakes are the dogs nuts mate but very expensive to buy I would love one but can't afford those prices but everyone does say they are the best money can buy and give the best increases :)

yeah, do you know how much it would cost to put the cat back on just before an MOT, and then to swap it back off after?

Also what if i purchase the manifold / k100 etc myself prior to taking it to CPL and just ask them to fit it all for me?

cheers dude:eek:

Depends if you know a local garage that would do it for you or if you have a mate that's a mechanic that could do it on the side it could cost as little as £20 cash for someone to do the work! Where do you live? If your local to me I know garages that would do it for a few quid on the side!
I'm sure guy would fit the bits for you but if your buying a second hand k100 or manifold and something is wrong with it You might have problems if say the k100 is damaged and guy at cpl doesn't have one in stock! As it will mean a wasted trip!
Can you get the bits cheaper new elsewhere? The price of the manifold and sports cat fitted only came to just over £700 by a few quid and if memory serves me correct £838 for the k100 supplied and fitted and rolling road tuned! that was if I remember correct a deal price with them which I'm sure they could do the same for you!
Have you ever bought total Honda magazine? Cpl are always in the mag which made me sure I was letting the right people do the work :)

I don't want to come over patronising at all here, but just because a company are in a magazine, it's not because they are "trusted" or the "right people". It's because they paid the magazine to be in there....

Hi Jamest yeah I know what your saying but cpl are not just advertising in there lots of the guys that show off there cars that are modified are in there have had there cars done there which is not down to cpl paying the magazine! I know cpl have a good reputation with people in the tuning trade as I've spoken to lots of people before going there!

Back