• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

BHP ?

Does changing the ECU really make an impact to the fuel consumpstion of the car? Likely cost and availabilty of the ECU?

As Mr Brown insists upon making drivin the wonderful Vtec ever more expensive I want to save as much money where possible!!

before i modded my car, i only got 200-220 miles a tank driving around london in town and with mods, i get about the same figure aswell. but if i go on motorway journeys aswell, i only see 260-280 miles a tank.

i dont know how you guys get 300 out of a tank...but every engine is different in terms of power and consumption as they are not the same

Im the same as you cosmic mate, town driving kills my consumption. i get about 22mpg on average which goes up to about 25 if its split between motorway & town, 33mpg is constant motorway driving.

Don't really care though - love the VTEC!!

I got 380 miles out of a tank the other day that was mostly motorway keeping it in 6th and around 4000rpm with no v-tec :( .
I get paid 40p per mile for work so don't want to eat into my profits :)

am doing motorway miles through the week and managed 300+ miles ONCE!!! thats on v-power in an 06

as regards the BHP, i seem to remember reading that someone had dyno'ed their standard car and found they only had 160 BHP?

Talking out of my 'arris? Likely

am doing motorway miles through the week and managed 300+ miles ONCE!!! thats on v-power in an 06

as regards the BHP, i seem to remember reading that someone had dyno'ed their standard car and found they only had 160 BHP?

Talking out of my 'arris? Likely

160 BHP will be at the wheels, the 197 BHP we all know will be flywheel. Some companies quote a 'corrected' value as a flywheel value, but rolling roads can only test BHP at the wheels.

Back