• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Big Bang noise

Hi I own a ep3 2004 and on about 90k the other day I heard a Big Bang it felt like I went down a big pothole but didn't really see anything but I was going round a corner with speed and it just happened again tonight going fast and then braking hard does anyone had and problems or know what it is.

It still drives fine but just worried thanks

front engine mount
Split.

Does it happen when you first apply the brakes, apply hard throttle, or come off the throttle quite fast?

This happened to me lately. I was on full throttle and going down hill and lifted off completely. I heard a loud bang but seemed to come from the rear of the car?
How can you comfirm that it is the engine mount or not?

Yea it's strange but it hasn't made a bang lately but I found out my engine mount has cracked so I'm going to change that and see if it fixed

front engine mount
Split.

Does it happen when you first apply the brakes, apply hard throttle, or come off the throttle quite fast?

My vote is for this too, very common issue. Both ATR's & My DC5 needed replacing.

You can tell by looking or put it in gear and keep lifting your biting point up and down and see if the engine moves. On mine the drivers side mount has a split down the rubber

My EP3 had this problem after my clutch was done. Turned out to be engine mounts where not tightened up enough. Under hard acceleration and hard braking it would happen. My mech mate swung off all nuts and got about half a turn on one, problem solved. :D

You rekon will accumulate lots of garage costs?

My EP3 had this problem after my clutch was done. Turned out to be engine mounts where not tightened up enough. Under hard acceleration and hard braking it would happen. My mech mate swung off all nuts and got about half a turn on one, problem solved. :D

Back