• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Big Ends knocking- i got ripped off!!

Finally saved enough money all of last year to buy the car ive allways wanted paid £4,795 for my EP3 2002 Black with 55,572 miles even had the air con which is an extra i believe :(.. Bought it from bradford and i'm living in south Wales, picked it up on the 29th of december stayed with relatives in manchester that night and drove back the next day engine and everything sounded sweet as a nut i and i listened to it all the way back as the radio is off and needs the code by the time i got to merthyr i started to hear a slight knocking noise but i thought it was my imagination as i was getting pretty tired and even thought it was the exhaust blowing at one point i got back and let my grandfather have a listen to it as he was an ex-mechanic and he told me the bad news, i was absolutely gutted, the following day i took it to a local garage and they had a look underneath and they said the sump had been recently taken off as the bolts wernt even tightened properly and the gearbox bolts were also loose they said they had packed or replaced the bearings just to shut the noise up for a few hundred miles, Has anyone else had this problem and how much did it cost you to get it fixed? I've had a quote off a guy down this area for the works to be done for £2,500 but i just aint got that money left anymore after also paying out £1,500 for my insurance this year, so any help guys will be much appreciated cheers.

That sucks!!

Was it a dealer you got it from or was it private?

I would have gone apesh*t if that happened to me. Nice trek to go get that. I'm in Newport and got mine from Cheltenham but had to go back up to the dealer as the body panel repair/paint job they done was bloody awful.

Hope you get it sorted.

Fatal mistake :)
mohamad from bradford. "car as new". Do not want !

If it was from a dealer you should have some kind of warranty. If its private sale then theres not alot you can do about it.
To be honest alarm bells would have started ringing to me with the price its cheep for a reason

Last edited by a moderator:
mohamad from bradford. "car as new". Do not want !

If it was from a dealer you should have some kind of warranty. If its private sale then theres not alot you can do about it.
To be honest alarm bells would have started ringing to me with the price its cheep for a reason

Even with a private sale. You've still got your rights. I'm pretty sure a thing has to be fit for purpose or some such thing?? :confused:

Bad times fella, return it and demand your money back. If they're not playing ball, threaten legal action through the small claims courts as the car is unfit under the sale of goods act.

Oh and here's some full stops, a gift from me to you. You look like you need them in your writing ............................

Was there a contract of sale involved, (did you sign something saying sold as seen?)

I hope you get this sorted. I was nervous buying a Yaris T-sport from Batley but Syed Shah was alright. However I wouldn't buy anything from Bradford.

Bring it back dude. Don't take no for an answer, take him to court or go back with van full of lads and take it back!!

Good luck dude.

gutted! sorry to hear the very bad news. Do as kingskin says above if all else fails. I know i would be ****ed!!!!!!

Well i can say i will never be making this mistake again!

No there was no contract signed sold as seen nothing, i'm not that experienced in buying cars as you can probably tell lol. I'm getting in touch with trading standards monday and gona see what advice they can give then threaten him with legal action its worth a go even if i only get a small amount for the repairs.

Forgot to add he even give me the whole log book which i thought you wern't suppose to do as a seller. It did say trade seller on autotrader but i bought it off his driveway. Does anyone Know of anyone who could fix this problem on my car in the swansea area would be a big help really cant wait to get it sorted because its such a nice car and was loving every minute of driving it back from there :D :D, the local garage said they would back me up because they do a lot of towing work with the police so there a well respected company and they said clearly the car was messed with.

And is this better with full stops skeleton lol....

Well i can say i will never be making this mistake again!

No there was no contract signed sold as seen nothing, i'm not that experienced in buying cars as you can probably tell lol. I'm getting in touch with trading standards monday and gona see what advice they can give then threaten him with legal action its worth a go even if i only get a small amount for the repairs.

Forgot to add he even give me the whole log book which i thought you wern't suppose to do as a seller. It did say trade seller on autotrader but i bought it off his driveway. Does anyone Know of anyone who could fix this problem on my car in the swansea area would be a big help really cant wait to get it sorted because its such a nice car and was loving every minute of driving it back from there :D :D, the local garage said they would back me up because they do a lot of towing work with the police so there a well respected company and they said clearly the car was messed with.

And is this better with full stops skeleton lol....

Trade seller, bought on drive way. :eek:

Got a link to the seller?

Do him for false advertising too.. That is not a 30th Anniversary.

Sounds like you got proper scammed, what is the sellers name?

Do him for false advertising too.. That is not a 30th Anniversary.

Sounds like you got proper scammed, what is the sellers name?

Was just about to type the exact same thing.

Make sure you have a copy of that advert saved somewhere.

Back