• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Big problems driving back from work.

Driving back from work..... first of all my recently fitted cd player knocked off! then came back on again, thought nothing of it.

then turning a sharp corner (not going fast) steering went heavy, knocked off, and abs light came on for a split second, then returned to normal.

Then to top it all off......Driving normal after all the previous faults had ironed themselves out, car stalled and lost all power obviously, checked the dash and my god :confused: every light was on. So I was stuck on a bend on a fast piece of road, shock horror.

I didnt want to start it up in case something had snapped but I had to. So started it up and it is running fine again, apart from it running a bit lumpy. its only just started running lumpy just before these faults.

Sparkplugs, ecu???

any ideas???

Honda garage time to get it checked on the di

when my alternator died on me I got all sorts of warning lights and the power steering kept dying on me as I tried to limp the car to my destination.

I couldn't select 5th or 6th gears either. Something to do with some solenoid on the gearbox, or something like that.

Definitely sounds like your electrics to me, as the rest have said.

bit of a noob question but where is the earth in the civic, sorry for being daft.....Im no sparky

The whole car is the earth. Like all modern car the negative battery terminal is connect to the car body.

Driving back from work..... first of all my recently fitted cd player knocked off! then came back on again, thought nothing of it.

then turning a sharp corner (not going fast) steering went heavy, knocked off, and abs light came on for a split second, then returned to normal.

Then to top it all off......Driving normal after all the previous faults had ironed themselves out, car stalled and lost all power obviously, checked the dash and my god :confused: every light was on. So I was stuck on a bend on a fast piece of road, shock horror.

I didnt want to start it up in case something had snapped but I had to. So started it up and it is running fine again, apart from it running a bit lumpy. its only just started running lumpy just before these faults.

Sparkplugs, ecu???

any ideas???

Honda garage time to get it checked on the di

Mine did this earlier, tightend the negative terminal, now all is good

Back