• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Big Service 36000 miles (ish)

Hi all,

I'm appealing for the eternal knowledge that's on this forum! I am due to have my service done as it's massively overdue. I've changed the oil and the brakefluid pads discs and brake lines.

My brake reservoir is fine and full up but there's another larger reservoir to the left of the brake one. I can only assume it's steering fluid? It looks a little low for my liking. The other thing I wanted to check is how to measure how much coolant you have.

So my questions are:

What's the tank to the left of the brake fluid tank

How do you know how much coolant the car has

What is involved in the 36000 mile service

How much this should cost

Thanks all,

Lee

That's clutch fluid, there's a 'min' and 'max' marker on the side.

The 37.5k service is a minor one, just an oil and filter change and brake fluid.

As for coolant, it should be brimmed in the radiator and between the 'min' and 'max' on the reserve tank.

Of course all this is contained in the owners handbook.

Ah that must be very low then, the coolant I mean! I'll get that sorted. My clutch fluid is low too. Oh cool I thought the 37500 was a big one with gearbox oil etc..

The coolant reservoir has a high and low marking on it. If you stand in front of car and look down the neck of the reservoir, you can see these markings on the side of the reservoir tank facing the cabin. If you cannot see the coolant level, try shaking the reservoir whilst looking and you'll see the coolant level move. (that is if theres enough coolant to register between the markings)

RTFM :lol: As above the coolant level should be brimmed at the top of the radiator, according to the manual ;)

Sweet, thanks peeps. Will book it in. Does anyone know how much this will cost roughly?

Back