• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

big service

How much will honda ream me for the mid 70k service? And if so whats involved and is it worth going to honda. Im at nearly 65k, so im gonna treat it! cheers

I'd be interested to hear a few replies to this too!
Just bought my ctr and it has 80k on it and hasnt been serviced since 69k so I think its due a good service!

i just had mine done, i paid £610, that was for big service and new wiper blades. Think the main cost is checking the valve clearances, make sure they do it if your paying for big service, they have a tendancy of forgetting to do it and charging you anyway!

I bet they do the valves on a warm engine as well. If they don't ask you to drop it off the night before or first thing then I'd go to another garage, they need to be done when stone cold. You might as well not bother if you do them on a warm engine.

yea thankfully i read about the clearances on here week or so before, and they did ask me to leave it with them for 2 days. so im condifent it was done properly. i think if it was me id get basic done anywhere every 6 months or so, and get big service done every 2 years or 25k for the vavles to be done.

Dont get your car serviced by honda, go to TGM in fleet.

Honda ripped me off and only seemed to have changed spark plugs

I got quoted £315 from Phoenix Honda today. Thats not including gearbox oil change or coolant change as these are just checks? Everything else is included though. I definately want a list of what has been done as i have a feeling they wont do everything they say they are.........

i just had mine done, i paid £610, that was for big service and new wiper blades. Think the main cost is checking the valve clearances, make sure they do it if your paying for big service, they have a tendancy of forgetting to do it and charging you anyway!

£610 :shock: :( :( :(, fcuk that!

so much money to be saved on the big service.

I'm no expert but AFAIK - you cant check the gearbox oil on the k20 without removing the gearbox. Either they drop the oil & replace it or they don't... but someone may correct me on that one.

You should definately do a coolant change if it hasn't been done before, it's not a big job & probably the most important safety function of nearly every car/engine.

So for £315 you're getting what? Oil & filter, plugs, fuel filter, air filter & pollen filter?

Told that i would be getting a level 4 service due to the mileage being on 65k. I specifically asked for the major as i wanted the valve clearances, chain/tensioner and fluids checked/changed. I have been assured that these checks will be done along with brake fluid and all standard servicing. They said the only difference with the 75 k one is that the air module?? has to be replaced and a few more checks along with actual fluid changes are done? Am i about to be ripped off? This is phoenix Honda in Falkirk for anyone that knows it. Cheers

I had a big service with valve clearances checked for £190, it would of been more but my sparkplugs didn't need changing.
I have a good garage who don't JDM prices just because my car is sporty

£610 :shock: :( :( :(, fcuk that!

so much money to be saved on the big service.

haha, yea i feel i was slightly ripped off, wanted to keep the full honda service history on the car, and get it fully checked over as i had just bought this ep3. Next service wont be with Honda though, as just dont trust main dealers.

If you take your car to Honda for it's service then expect to pay Honda prices. Why choose Honda to do your servicing? Are they any better at servicing a car than a normal service garage? Or are the just rediculasly overpriced on labour?

The stamps will make you a few bucks on resale but the profit has already been wasted on prior labour.

TBH I would do most of the work myself and have a small garage change fluids and sign the book.

If you take your car to Honda for it's service then expect to pay Honda prices. Why choose Honda to do your servicing? Are they any better at servicing a car than a normal service garage? Or are the just rediculasly overpriced on labour?

The stamps will make you a few bucks on resale but the profit has already been wasted on prior labour.

TBH I would do most of the work myself and have a small garage change fluids and sign the book.

Even for a cambelt change? Look, don't get me wrong, I do a lot of the work myself that needs doing (minor bodywork, interior electrics, oil changes, spark plugs, the usual), but never the timing belt??

Apparently that is what is included in the big service, as well as replacement of the usual suspects

Back