• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Billy's Milano Ep3 - Type-R take 2.

Well this is my thread for my second Ep3, bought almost exactly 2 years after my first one.

I bought my first Type-R in February 2012, a pre facelift NHB, I had it for 3 months until I had to write it off due to flood damage :( Mostly my own fault as I drove into the flood, however the 3 days previously the road had been under 3 inches of water, this particular day it had collapsed in the middle and was now closer to 3ft of water, this equalled in hydro locked engine and ruined interior.....lesson learned :(
Here are a few photos of the previous one:

Not great photos but you get the idea :)

Due to the increase in insurance costs I decided not to get another Type R so I went for a 106 Gti which was genuinely brilliant. 9/10ths as quick as the Civic and even more fun. It was immaculate and I made a £600 profit when I sold it after it had kept me busy for 10 months :)
Generic photos:

And when I sold it...

After this I had a few sheds, Fiesta, Puma, 206, but this was because I was saving for my next Hot Hatch.
When it came to the choice of a Clio 182 or another Ep3 I went for the Clio.

I saw a nice example close by for £2100 and I snapped it up. It was okay but never gave me that feeling that a good hot hatch should, it was fun but not amazing and never made me fall in love with it like I had the 106. After 4 months I sold it for £2000 and was glad to see the back of it.

This brings me up to now. Last week I picked up this Pre facelift Milano Ep3 for £2500.

I think I got a really good deal for it, 51 plate on 116k. It is MOT'd for 10 months, 6 months tax and the service history cannot be faulted. Every stamp from Honda, 8 of them from the same dealer. I am the 4th owner with the 2nd owning it for nearly 10 years, in that time he took it to Honda for every service, mot and repair, even the wiper blades. After speaking to that dealer they are posting me the full set of paperwork for all this work done with them so that I have a record, very good of them I thought.
The bodywork is a lot better than I could've hoped for and after and good clean and wax it came up really well, no signs of fade compared to a lot I have seen and not a dint or scratch on it. In short I think I've been quite lucky!

At current it is completely standard and I aim to keep it that way for a little while until I have replaced a lot of standard parts just to make it look even more showroom standard.

Then plans will be Hondata air box mod, FRSU and possibly an uprated B pipe.

Anyway that's enough waffling, would love to hear any opinions and suggestions, I'll keep this updated as much as I can, thanks!

Billy.

Depressing to see the prices of these now. When I bought mine five years ago I paid £12500. Looks pretty good though. Lots of paperwork as well.

You sure youre going to keep this one long enough to have mods on it ? :L lol....

Haha, yeah I plan on keeping this once for a good while, just got to avoid the puddles! :p

Depressing to see the prices of these now. When I bought mine five years ago I paid £12500. Looks pretty good though. Lots of paperwork as well.

Yeahh the pre facelifts are pretty cheap now. I wanted a cosmic a lot but prices for one in a similar condition to this are £4000+, I like the colour but not that much!

Ye should be mate few milano round slea :p
Ye got it sorted couple of weekends ago

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Back