• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Billy's NHB Type R EP3

I've owned my Type R for around 6 months now and finally made enough progress with it to start one of these threads :) absolutely love the car and is my first Honda, starting off with a 1.1 Peugeot 106 and I have a 205 GTi locked in a garage.This is how the car looked when I first bought it, with around 92k miles on the clock.
8lw1.jpg

The car was in decent condition but the wheels were a state, they started to corrode and were quite badly scuffed all the way around. The bodywork had quite a few minor dints and scratches, with a huge stone chip on the bonnet. Inside was clean.More to come when i've uploaded all the photos :p the car has changed quite a bit since I got it.

When I got the car home I gave it a good clean and polish (not the best but I was quite proud of it lol).
amns.jpg

mkqx.jpg

b5d6.jpg

And my work to start tidying up the car began. Removing the old Type R badge and sticker and putting a new one on.
Before:
bx1i.jpg

After:
btuj.jpg

om9j.jpg

Next up was to make it sound a little better, so decided on a K&N 57i air filter. Was a decent price and was for sound over performance. Makes hitting VTEC a little more special :D
iv1.JPG

The tie wraps have been replaced by proper hose clips now, they were just temporary because the original Honda ones wouldn't fit at the time.

Then came the tow hook for Password JDM (only just realised my finger is in this picture lol)
kv8l.jpg

Big update to come next!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a picture of both of my babies together :D
kuiw.jpg

The Civic went into the bodyshop while I went away for a couple of weeks for some bodywork touch ups, wheels refurbed and painted and new front splitter.
1hax.jpg

Splitter fit onto the bumper ready for painting:
0u80.jpg

Prepared for painting:
mlan.jpg

qqul.jpg

Wheels progress:
csn8.jpg

dp41.JPG

p98t.jpg

5y7c.jpg

The final product:
dy46.jpg

skl1.jpg

gg2k.jpg

rwj4.jpg

lo31.jpg

Now with Type R sticker on the center caps:
8mub.jpg

Also had bits of the interior done, looks a lot better than it does in the pictures, ** try and get some better pics up another time:
0edu.jpg

ycm6.jpg

vmxm.jpg

ohwb.jpg

New Pioneer double din unit also installed.

Next job is to paint the calipers, got all the stuff needed but need a day off when the weather is nice :p and then some new discs and pads.

Let me know what you think of my pride and joy!

How much did the front end respray set you back? I'm tempted to get mine done and prob doors also as paintwork isn't at it's best.

like the interior colours also. Get the door cards done too ;)

Welcome Billy

I'm regularly around Mansfield, what bodyshop did you use for the paintwork and alloys if you dont mind sharing with us??

I know J&R Bodyworks have a good reputation just off Coxmoor Road, wondering more about the wheel refurb as much as anything.

How much did the front end respray set you back? I'm tempted to get mine done and prob doors also as paintwork isn't at it's best.

like the interior colours also. Get the door cards done too ;)

Around £400 for the bonnet, wings and bumper mate, and I had the door done for £100. They weren't in terrible condition but bad enough to annoy me lol

Welcome Billy

I'm regularly around Mansfield, what bodyshop did you use for the paintwork and alloys if you dont mind sharing with us??

I know J&R Bodyworks have a good reputation just off Coxmoor Road, wondering more about the wheel refurb as much as anything.

Thanks pal
Body & Tuning in woodhouse mate. Their website is www.bodyandtuning.co.uk and they're on Facebook too and update it every day.

you'll find cheaper places but they're top quality and great blokes. They'll happily give you a quote if you nip down mate. Just check out the work they've done before :)

Love the pug! classic! crazy choice in interior decor!

Thanks :D it's classic now it works properly again lol! It's been such a pain :p

i fancied something different with the interior and the bodyshop recommended that so I went for it :p ** get some better pics of it another time, these ones don't do it any justice at all

Back