• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Billy's Red Type R

Went to TDI North to have my new Eibach springs fitted and have a FRSU done. I want to give a big shout to the Boys from Tdi North. Also a big thank you to Ben for being patient for the old rusty bolts,which took ages to get out.
WP_000070_zps5ae139ef.jpg

My Car on the ramp. Ben starts like he's on speed.:D
WP_000069_zpse69307f3.jpg

The old Adjuster's which took ages to get out.
WP_000079_zps4a4fac88.jpg

Picture of the new rear Eibach Adjusters and springs . Nice new one's which look's great.
WP_000084_zpse33f0b30.jpg

Picture of the front springs.
WP_000086_zps7a06b985.jpg

Getting the laser wheel allignment done.
WP_000091_zps2fcf4140.jpg

I can honestly say. What a difference it makes to the Car when having the FRSU. The car goes into the corner like a train.

Im over the moon and well impressed with the setup from TDI North. 30mm drop on the car. The tyres sit under the arch well.
WP_000094_zpscf1ca2db.jpg

What a machine pal!!! After hearing that exhaust i've started to wear hearing aids.:D What exhaust is it i know its a buddy club but dont which model spec 2,3? i want that exhaust on my car. Could you please tell me.

Haha yeah man its a pro spec 3, i love the sound to be honest, im lookimg forward to hearing what it sounds like now *** :)
Glad your happy with your mods too mate

The car is amazing. You will definatley turn peoples heads.bc pro spec 3 upto the header? What header are you using? How much is the K22 kit?

Its been a long time that I have posted some updates on my car. But here it is !
typer1_zpsdb3da7a8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
typer2_zpsfd258e0e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
typer6_zps5d8ce4f3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
typer7_zps93eb95b3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
ctr_zps4ac99423.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
WP_000228_zpsd3eda1fe.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Today was the day when I went to Grinspeed to have my mods fitted. It started at 7.30am and filled my boot with the Exhaust and the brake system.

A quick picture of the j's backbox.

Then the work started. The car was on the ramp and Stevie and his new apprentice started to take the old brake pads and discs. And replace them with Brembo disc's, Stoptech fast road pads and Stoptech brake lines.

Took a picture of the old pads. They were truly hammered. :shock:

Then Stevie used the RBF 600 Motul brake fluid.
Then my J's exhaust was next to be installed. :evil:

Overall I would like to say a big thank you to Stevie for a fantastic job. What a top guy and highly recommended. [smilie=karls_thumb.gif]
A quick video of the exhaust. Its bloody loud!!!!! :twisted:

How much were the springs & how much for TDI Labour for fitting with cam bolts etc as I'm thinking of doing the same?

Cheers.

Does anyone know how to change my thread title please. As it is now it says my ctr went to tdi etc. I want it changing to Billy's red type r. Could anyone sort it out for me?

From a daily driven 1.3ltr engine car my younger Brother wanted know what was all the hype of a N/A Vtech engine? So therefore i gave him my keys.Came back with a big smile. Now he wants one. :lol: Bless him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mate, I'd be very happy with this - looks like a great example. Nice rich red colour, with some great mods to boot! I like the side-on pics, showing the ride height - it has settle perfectly.

Back