• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Bird crap ate my paint!

Found some bird crap on my rear spolier this afternoon.
I cleaned the spoiler when I got home, but the paint/lacquer has been damaged badly.

Its left a pitted finish which I can't get rid off.

I've even used brasso, which did reduce the pitting, but its still very noticeable.

So its looking like a re-spray.

30042010071.jpg

There was some more crap on the rear wing, over the seam between the metal side panel and plastic rear bumper. Interesting there was only paint damage on the plastic panel. Luckily most the damage was reduced to a negligible level with a quick polish

Sorry to hear about this. Bird crap is a nightmare for paint and should cleaned off ASAP.

I keep these in the car -

AGBDWipes1.jpg

Although if the crap has dried it can be a bit harder to get off with them....

I never realised quite the power of bird **** till i washed my girlfriends car and removing some pretty caked on crap on the boot lip I found it has eaten right through the paint to the undercoat. :(

On the mr2 bird crap has literally eaten the paint so that the black has gone grey and you can see the outline of the crap!!! I layer the wax up on both cars quite regularly to help prevent to much damage.

Sorry to hear this Paul.
Am I right in thinking you started a thread ages ago something like, lost interest in cleaning Milano Red CTR? I remember posting in that.

Just had this very same problem on the mrs' black car. Left an awful mark on the steel bodywork but not so bad on the plastic bumper.
Suggest you try a very light wet and dry session with some 2000 grit. Plenty of lube and only 10-seconds of sanding before checking results.

Will obviously take some thickness off the lacquer but if you've not gone straight thro it with the acid etching you should be ok and save yourself a respray of the offending area.
Glaze over with Poorboys Black Hole and a few layers of wax ftw.

Good luck!

Sorry to hear this Paul.
Am I right in thinking you started a thread ages ago something like, lost interest in cleaning Milano Red CTR? I remember posting in that.

Just had this very same problem on the mrs' black car. Left an awful mark on the steel bodywork but not so bad on the plastic bumper.
Suggest you try a very light wet and dry session with some 2000 grit. Plenty of lube and only 10-seconds of sanding before checking results.

Will obviously take some thickness off the lacquer but if you've not gone straight thro it with the acid etching you should be ok and save yourself a respray of the offending area.
Glaze over with Poorboys Black Hole and a few layers of wax ftw.

Good luck!

Yeah that was me,

I agree that wet & dry should sort it, but I don't have the balls to try it.
I'm getting a local car cosmetic repair guy to have a look first. He has done some great work on my Dad's car rubbing down and spraying a few bumper scraps.

I guess he will just wet and dry the area, but if that doesn't work he can spray the complete spoiler.

Back